Asian Heritage Group Hosts Program on Volunteerism
IPG’s Diversity and Inclusion Asian Heritage Group (AHG) sponsored the “Career to Community – Change Agents of Now” program celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. To provide IPG employees with a rewarding opportunity to acquire leadership skills while helping others, AHG connected attendees with several Asian community-based not-for-profits in the New York Tristate area – Apex for Youth, New York Immigration Coalition, Restore NYC, Sakhi for South Asian Women and Upwardly Global.
The evening’s keynote speaker Steve Choi, the Executive Director of the New York Immigration Coalition, spoke about the value of volunteerism as a professional development skill. He also discussed how volunteers are critical to the mission of the New York Immigration Coalition -- they serve on the Board of Directors, do fundraising, and work on marketing, and branding. To learn more about AHG and how you can get involved with planning future programs, contact Shobhna Bhatnagar, AHG Department Lead, IPG or IPG MERGE.
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018
- Jaguar Launches World Driving Day as Saudi Arabia Driving Ban Lifts - Published on 06/26/2018
- McCann and Verizon Support LGBTQ+ Community and the Importance of Connections - Published on 06/26/2018
- DEUTSCH PARTNERS WITH THE FEMALE QUOTIENT TO LAUNCH CAREER ADVICE BOT - Published on 06/21/2018
- MullenLowe London Creates PSA for Unstereotype Alliance - Published on 06/21/2018
- IPG Hosts Eighth Annual IPG Women’s Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/15/2018
- R/GA’s ‘Not So FAQ’ Addresses Diversity in the Workplace - Published on 06/12/2018
- McCann London Challenges Blood Donation Ban - Published on 06/12/2018