IPG WLN Hosts Event with Michele Thornton-Ghee
The IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) hosted “Growth Requires Action” with Michele Thornton-Ghee on May 17, live in New York with webcasts across the U.S.
Through her work in marketing and media, transformational visionary and author, Michele Thornton Ghee, has learned that “the person working the hardest doesn’t necessarily win the biggest prize or promotion.” She provided the audience with actionable items to lead to measurable growth in their personal and professional lives.
Michelle is SVP of Media Sales at Viacom for BET Her, a 24-hour African American lifestyle network designed for Black Women. Michelle is also the author of two empowering books: Stratechic: Life and Career Winning Strategies for Women and Stratechic 2.0: Her Plan, Her Power, Her Purpose. Thornton has worked for some of the most powerful media brands including CNN, A&E, The History Channel and The Weather Channel. She began her career at SBC Communications in Oakland, California.
Thornton has received honors from numerous organizations including The ADCOLOR Change Agent Award, The American Advertising Federation Mosaic Role Model of the Year Award, the Jesse Banks Humanitarian Award and the Black Girl Magic Award from Ohio State University. Most recently, she was named a Multichannel News 2018 Woman to Watch. Thornton served as the chair of the Mosaic Executive Council from 2011-2013 and continues to play an active role in the media and advertising community while advocating for diversity in the communications industry.
The Women’s Leadership Network aims to be the force for gender equality and opportunity for women within IPG. Its mission is to champion IPG women by working to understand the gender equality challenges they may be facing – and leverage those learnings to advocate for every colleague to contribute to creating a more inclusive workplace where IPG women can thrive. The company also has employee groups that include the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS, the Hispanic/Latino heritage group, the IPGLBT and the Asian Heritage Group.
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- This Girl Can Returns with Inspirational 'Fit Got Real' Message - Published on 10/30/2018
- Roth Speaks to Events of Past Week - Published on 10/29/2018
- IPG's WLN Works to Get Out the Vote for Election Day - Published on 10/23/2018
- IPG Wears Purple to Stand Up Against Bullying - Published on 10/19/2018