Hill Holliday’s D&I Council Welcomes Collette Devitto
Collette Devitto, a young woman born in 1990 with Down Syndrome, had always created her own cookie recipes for fun. But time after time, when Collette applied for a job, she was repeatedly told she was "not a good fit." Collette was determined to open her own business and try to earn a living on her own. And so, Collettey’s Cookies was born.
With Collettey’s Cookies, Collette has created a global movement, and travels around the country to share her inspiring story. She encourages people to focus on their abilities rather than what they can’t do. She works to create change and to help the non-disabled population see abilities and start including and employing people with disabilities.
Collette shared her story with the agency, and talked about the challenges of starting and running a business. She answered questions, and of course, provided dozens of delicious cookies for the appreciative crowd.
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Carmichael Lynch Receives Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- FCB India Wins Inclusion Campaign of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- IPG AHG to Participate in Dragon Boat Races - Published on 08/10/2018
- MullenLowe Alfred and Calvé Challenge Gender Stereotypes - Published on 07/31/2018