Hill Holliday’s D&I Council Welcomes Collette Devitto
Collette Devitto, a young woman born in 1990 with Down Syndrome, had always created her own cookie recipes for fun. But time after time, when Collette applied for a job, she was repeatedly told she was "not a good fit." Collette was determined to open her own business and try to earn a living on her own. And so, Collettey’s Cookies was born.
With Collettey’s Cookies, Collette has created a global movement, and travels around the country to share her inspiring story. She encourages people to focus on their abilities rather than what they can’t do. She works to create change and to help the non-disabled population see abilities and start including and employing people with disabilities.
Collette shared her story with the agency, and talked about the challenges of starting and running a business. She answered questions, and of course, provided dozens of delicious cookies for the appreciative crowd.
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Presents Black History Month Event - Published on 02/28/2019
- Michael Roth Writes on Diversity in Campaign US - Published on 02/26/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018