MullenLowe Alfred and Calvé Challenge Gender Stereotypes
Since the announcement of the #Unstereotype movement in June 2016, Unilever has been on a drive to break stereotypes in the way men and women are portrayed in their advertisements. In their latest campaign for Dutch peanut butter brand, Calvé, MullenLowe Alfred has taken the #Unstereotype movement further, showcasing a female athlete as the hero.
The campaign builds on Calvé’s strong heritage of featuring famous Dutch athletes in their childhood years with a young Lieke Martens (voted The Best FIFA Women’s Player in 2017) as the hero. In the spot, Martens passionately keeps on practicing in the rain after the coach calls the “guys” in from football training and, she has to be dragged off the field after not recognizing herself in her coach’s gender-biased choice of words.
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Carmichael Lynch Receives Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- FCB India Wins Inclusion Campaign of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- IPG AHG to Participate in Dragon Boat Races - Published on 08/10/2018
- MullenLowe Alfred and Calvé Challenge Gender Stereotypes - Published on 07/31/2018