New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom
This May, more than 300 Acxiom associates from across the U.S., as well as Germany, China and the U.K., came together for the launch of Acxiom Women LEAD (Leadership Enrichment and Development) in the company’s U.S. headquarters.
Founded this spring by Melissa Metheny, Vice President of Sales and Account Management, Janet Cinfio, Chief Information Officer and Stefana Rusu, VP of Global Marketing, LEAD is a new program that aims to create a workplace where women and men can pursue their career ambitions without bias or diversity barriers. It seeks to inspire and empower all Acxiom employees to engage in conversations about gender equality to promote inclusion and diversity and support professional and personal development.
The launch event included a panel of senior female leaders including Lee Anne Eddy, Chief Nursing Officer at Arkansas Children’s Hospital, and Holly Marr, former Acxiom executive, joined by Melissa Metheny.
A second panel made up of predominantly male executives from Acxiom discussed the importance of becoming male allies to women and emphasized the benefits of having diverse teams as a winning combination for making a bigger business impact. Christina Munoz Madsen, a PR/marketing professional and former TV anchor, moderated both panels and provided great insights on being a team player, even on an uneven playing field.
The launch event was a great success, and Acxiom is planning more, including a big event at the end of Advertising Week New York this September at IPG New York corporate office. Read more.
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- Golin Partners with ColorComm on Included and Empowered Event - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019