McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives
McCann XBC worked with Mastercard this year to support World Pride as a continuation of its #AcceptanceMatters initiative.
Mastercard created “Acceptance Street,” a street sign installation at the intersection of Gay and Christopher Streets. The street sign is a symbol of support for the growing LGBTQIA+ community, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall.
The official street sign now expands from Christopher and Gay to read Christopher and Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Non-Binary, Pansexual, Two Spirit, + Street. Mastercard worked with the city’s Human Rights Commission to sanction the signs which were then crafted by the same company that builds street signs for New York City.
For many in the LGBTQIA+ community, the name on their credit, debit or prepaid card does not reflect their identity. As a result, for the transgender and non-binary communities in particular, their cards can serve as a source of sensitivity, misrepresenting their true identity when shopping and going about daily life.
Mastercard has made a commitment to address this challenge by introducing the True Name™ card. Mastercard has worked with partners to create this new product, as well as a sensitive and private process free of personal questions, that will allow for true names to appear on cards without the requirement of a legal name change. This will ease a major pain point for the transgender and non-binary community. Read more.
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- Golin Partners with ColorComm on Included and Empowered Event - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019