MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award
MRM//McCann received the Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards for its Blueprint 2020 initiative. Leadership at MRM//McCANN has always recognized that the power of different perspectives generates the best ideas and creates a culture of inclusion and safety.
MRM//McCann launched Blueprint 2020 which brought a renewed focus to the already active effort to ensure that MRM//McCann is an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. The agency launched the D&I Blueprint to serve as a roadmap to strengthen their commitment and to develop strategies that encourage change, awareness, education and career development.
Blueprint 2020 has been adopted across MRM//McCann in all regions around the world and has resulted in more equitable hiring practices, increased employee awareness through training, and leadership commitment and engagement that lead to a fair and safe workplace.
Blueprint helps to ensure that the agency sustains a respectful and supportive workplace that values individual differences, and helps fuel creativity and new ideas that are built on a range of perspectives.
The agency has focused on fair and equal representation of women in senior creative positions, and have taken it a step further to ensure strong female representation across their key strategic offerings: Analytics and Technology (42%), Creative (47%), and Strategy (53%). 55% of MRM//McCann’s global population is female, and 45% of their global executive/senior-level employees are female.
Blueprint 2020 launched in five markets over the course of a month, with each week dedicated to D&I topics, trivia games, speakers and informational materials. Progress has included:
- Modified recruitment and operating procedures to help eliminate bias
- Hosting a local office minority vendor showcase
- Rolling out mentor program impacting 1,050 employees
- Implementing new performance coaching tool/process
- Establishing a CEO Diversity Council that meets quarterly with CEO
- Implementing unconscious bias training
- Hosting education and awareness events
- Hosting 26 interns across the network with a focus on hiring diverse students
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- Campbell Ewald Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Best Internal Communications Program - Published on 08/01/2019
- IPG’s 2019 Inclusion Awards Reflect Focus on Results - Published on 07/31/2019