interpublic group is
recognized for leadership in diversity and inclusion.
Numbers aren't the only results we've been able to achieve. During the last several years, IPG and its management have also been recognized for leadership in diversity and inclusion. These honors include:
- 2019 marked the 10th year that IPG earned a 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index, an annual survey published by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) ranking companies based on their policies and practices relating to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees. In 2010, IPG became the first global marketing services holding company to be included in HRC’s list of "Best Places to Work" based on its perfect score.
- In 2018, IPG was awarded the 2018 Company of the Year Award from Women In Media WiM, United Kingdom. The award recognized IPG for its leadership, and Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO,as a role model for the industry.
- In 2018, Heide Gardner, SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, IPG, was named by Moves Magazine as one of the top 25 power women who make a difference in women’s rights, social fairness and equal opportunity.
- In 2018, Heide Gardner, SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, IPG, was recognized by Adweek as one 11 women who have worked throughout their career to break down advertising's most persistent barriers.
- In 2017, Patricia Hinerman, IPG Corporate Chief Information Officer (CIO), was named one of Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2017 Women Worth Watching in STEM.
- In 2017 IPG received two AAF Mosaic Awards, a Workforce Inclusion award for the Interpublic Diverse Emerging and Aspiring Leaders (IDEAL) program, and the Mosaic Champion award which recognizes Michael Roth for his long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion within the industry.
- In 2016, Profiles in Diversity Journal honored IPG with an Award of Excellence for our IDEAL program. IDEAL develops and advances high potential, diverse individuals who are on the cusp of the executive ranks.
- 2016 Champions of Diversity Exemplary Best Practices Award from The New York Urban League for IDEAL, a program to retain, develop and advance diverse high potential talent.
- In 2015 IPG was recognized for gender diversity on its board by the Women's Forum of New York - Corporate Board Initiative.
- In 2014, Work Difference Matters Magazine named IPG a Top Corporate Ally for Diversity for our commitment to and support of the LGBT community.
- In 2013, IPG becomes first holding company to win the AAF's Mosaic Award for Workforce Diversity.
- IPG's MERGE (Multicultural Employee Resource Groups for Excellence) won the AAF's Mosaic Award for "Workforce Diversity" in 2013.
- Heide Gardner, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer at IPG received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2012 Marketing to African Americans with Excellence (MAAX) Awards. This honor recognizes the contributions, innovations and exceptional performance of African American professionals in the marketing field.
- Marcia Windross, Director, Diversity & Inclusion, IPG, named a 2013 Black Achiever in Industry by the Harlem YMCA.
- In 2012, Heide Gardner, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, IPG, was named as one of Advertising Age's "Most Influential Women in Advertising."
- IPG was selected to receive the New York Urban League’s Champion of Diversity Award for 2011. We are the first in our industry to have been nominated and selected for this award.
- Michael Roth received the CEO Diversity Leadership Award from Diversity Best Practices/Working Mother Media in 2011. Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Heide Gardner was also recognized with the Diversity Officer Leadership Award.
- Heide Gardner named Black Achiever in Industry by the Harlem YMCA in 2011.
- In 2011, Black Enterprise named Heide Gardner one of The Top 100 Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officers.
- IPG received the AAF Mosaic Award for Supplier Diversity in 2011.
- In 2011, IPG won the New York & New Jersey Supplier Development Council Chairman’s Award.
- Michael Roth, IPG Chairman and CEO, was the recipient of the Corporate Leader Award from the American Advertising Federation at the 2010 Diversity Achievement and Mosaic Awards.
- In 2010, IPG received the Women Presidents' Organization (WPO) Award for increased spending with women-owned businesses in New York and New Jersey.
- The American Advertising Federation (AAF) recognized Heide Gardner in the 2009 AAF District Two Diversity Achievement Award as Industry Career Achiever.
- Marjorie Hoey, SVP, Global Director of Talent, formerly Interpublic's Associate General Counsel recognized as a 2009 "Woman Worth Watching" by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- In 2008 Heide Gardner was recognized by The Network Journal as one of 25 Influential Black Women in Business.
- In 2007, three Interpublic executives were honored with the first-ever AdColor Awards: Marcio Moreira, Heide Gardner and Lauren Tucker were recipients of these awards in the Legend, Change Agent and Innovator categories, respectively.