- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion Dec 07, 2018
- Interpublic Declares Common Stock Dividend Nov 13, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the 2018 RBC Capital Markets Technology, Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference Nov 09, 2018
- Interpublic Announces Third Quarter and First Nine Months 2018 Results Oct 19, 2018
- Interpublic Schedules Third Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Oct 02, 2018
- IPG Completes Acquisition of Acxiom LLC Oct 01, 2018
- Interpublic Completes Offering of $2.0 Billion Aggregate Principal Amount of Senior Notes Sep 21, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Goldman Sachs 27th Annual Communacopia Conference Sep 07, 2018
IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening
Ad Industry Creatives, Leading Culture Critics and Scholars to Discuss Media Implications of the Blockbuster Film
New York, NY - February 26, 2018 - Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) announced that on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, at 6:00 pm ET, the holding company's inter-agency Black Employee Network (BEN) will host a panel discussion to explore the cultural implications of Marvel's Black Panther film on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries. A screening of the film will immediately follow the panel.
Panel speakers will include leading journalists, culture critics and academic scholars along with Black creative talent from IPG's agencies. Panelists include:
- Jamil Smith, Journalist; Author of the recent TIME cover story "The Revolutionary Power of Blank Panther"
- Tanisha Ford, Award-winning Writer; Cultural Critic; and Author of Liberated Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Dr. Arthur Lewin, Professor at Baruch College; Author of Africa is Not a Country, It is a Continent!; and expert on Black imagery in mass communications
- Blake Winfree, VP, Creative Director, MullenLowe U.S. and Founder of the 25/40 initiative that introduces advertising as a career opportunity in high schools
- Jacqueline DeBerry, Junior Art Director, McCann NY
- Morgan Mack, Copywriter, McCann NY
Over 500 IPG employees, including representatives from creative departments across the IPG network and special guests will attend.
The event will be held at The Regal Union Square Movie Theater, 850 Broadway and will begin at 6:00 pm on February 27. Doors will open for ticketed guests at 5:00 pm. Press must also be ticketed in advance.
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Other leading brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Campbell Ewald, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
# # #