- Interpublic Group to Present at the Deutsche Bank 26th Annual Media, Telecom & Business Services Conference Mar 01, 2018
- IPG Publishes Third Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Report Feb 27, 2018
- IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening Feb 26, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the 2018 Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference Feb 22, 2018
- IPG Leads Industry in Ad Age A-List Honors Feb 20, 2018
- Interpublic Increases Common Stock Dividend by 17% and Announces New $300 Million Share Repurchase Program Feb 14, 2018
- Interpublic Announces Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2017 Results Feb 14, 2018
- Interpublic Schedules Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2017 Earnings Release Jan 19, 2018
IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening
Ad Industry Creatives, Leading Culture Critics and Scholars to Discuss Media Implications of the Blockbuster Film
New York, NY - February 26, 2018 - Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) announced that on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, at 6:00 pm ET, the holding company's inter-agency Black Employee Network (BEN) will host a panel discussion to explore the cultural implications of Marvel's Black Panther film on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries. A screening of the film will immediately follow the panel.
Panel speakers will include leading journalists, culture critics and academic scholars along with Black creative talent from IPG's agencies. Panelists include:
- Jamil Smith, Journalist; Author of the recent TIME cover story "The Revolutionary Power of Blank Panther"
- Tanisha Ford, Award-winning Writer; Cultural Critic; and Author of Liberated Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Dr. Arthur Lewin, Professor at Baruch College; Author of Africa is Not a Country, It is a Continent!; and expert on Black imagery in mass communications
- Blake Winfree, VP, Creative Director, MullenLowe U.S. and Founder of the 25/40 initiative that introduces advertising as a career opportunity in high schools
- Jacqueline DeBerry, Junior Art Director, McCann NY
- Morgan Mack, Copywriter, McCann NY
Over 500 IPG employees, including representatives from creative departments across the IPG network and special guests will attend.
The event will be held at The Regal Union Square Movie Theater, 850 Broadway and will begin at 6:00 pm on February 27. Doors will open for ticketed guests at 5:00 pm. Press must also be ticketed in advance.
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Other leading brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Campbell Ewald, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
# # #