- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion Dec 07, 2018
- Interpublic Declares Common Stock Dividend Nov 13, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the 2018 RBC Capital Markets Technology, Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference Nov 09, 2018
- Interpublic Announces Third Quarter and First Nine Months 2018 Results Oct 19, 2018
- Interpublic Schedules Third Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Oct 02, 2018
- IPG Completes Acquisition of Acxiom LLC Oct 01, 2018
- Interpublic Completes Offering of $2.0 Billion Aggregate Principal Amount of Senior Notes Sep 21, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Goldman Sachs 27th Annual Communacopia Conference Sep 07, 2018
IPG Takes Top Honors at North American Effie Awards
IPG Named Most Effective Holding Company of the Year
McCann Worldgroup Named Most Effective Agency Network and McCann NY Named Most Effective Agency of the Year
McCann Wins Grand Effie for Fearless Girl
Clients State Street Global Advisors and U.S. Army Named #1 and #2 Most Effective Brands
New York, NY - June 1, 2018 - Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) announced today that the company took top honors at last night's North American Effie Awards. IPG was named the Holding Company of the Year; McCann Worldgroup was named Agency Network of the Year; McCann New York was named Most Effective Agency Office of the Year and received the Grand Effie for The Power of SHE, "Fearless Girl." McCann New York client, State Street Global Advisors, was named Most Effective Marketer and Most Effective Brand. The agency's client, the U.S. Army, was named number two Most Effective Brand. In total, 16 IPG agencies across disciplines that include digital, public relations, media, sports marketing and creative services were recognized. The Effie Awards recognize all forms of marketing communication that contribute to a brand's success.
"We are thrilled with the results of the North American Effies," commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of Interpublic Group. "The Effies have long been one of our industry's key measures of success in terms of growing our clients' businesses. That's what we aim to do every day - move the needle in ways that matter for our clients. And this was a big year - for IPG as a holding company, for McCann, for our clients and for all of the IPG companies that were recognized," he continued.
Additional honors for IPG agencies included:
- 215 McCann for Halo Wars 2, "War of Wits"
- Carmichael Lynch for Subaru of America, "Share the Love"
- Deutsch and Octagon for Taco Bell, "Ruffling the Feathers of the Chicken Establishment"
- DeVries for Pantene, "All Strong Hair Is Beautiful: How Pantene Built Brand Love & Credibility with African American Women"
- FCB Canada for Canadian Down Syndrome Society, "Down Syndrome Answers"
- FCB Chicago and Current for Archer + Wolf, LLC, "The Biggest Sports Endorsement Deal of All Time"
- FP7/DXB and MAGNA MENA Dubai recognized in the Global Effies category for Unilever MENA (for OMO)
- Golin for US Centers for Disease Control Prevention, "Tips From Former Smokers"
- Initiative for Arby's, "We Have the Meats"
- J3 and Cadreon for Aveeno, "Aveeno's Data Driven Masterbrand"
- McCann New York and UM for U.S. Army, "White Hats Wanted"
- McCann was also recognized in the Global Effies category for RB (for Lysol) and L'Oréal (for True Match)
- MullenLowe Winston-Salem for Ulta Beauty, "Time Is A Beautiful Thing"
- MullenLowe U.S., JetBlue Airways, "Little Tickets"
- R/GA Chicago and Golin for LIFEWTR, "More Inspired"
- R/GA for Samsung Home Appliances, "Right at Home"
- UM for Budweiser, "Goal-Synced Arena," "The Budweiser Red Light-The First Goal Synced Red Light"
- UM LA for Hulu, "Her Story is Our Story: The Laws of Gilead"
- Weber Shandwick for Nicoderm CQ "MyQuit Support Program," Ancestry, "Declaration Descendants," Pedigree, "Feed the Good," Nutro, "Feed Clean Gives Life to Dying Brand," Dove Chocolate, "DOVE: Igniting A New Vision In An Old Category"
"Effie Awards celebrate more than great work, we recognize the insights and strategy that lead to significant, measurable results," said Traci Alford, President and CEO of Effie Worldwide. "There is much to be learned from Effie winners' success to grow our businesses and move our industry forward. Congratulations to all of this year's winning teams."
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton, MAGNA, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Other leading brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Campbell Ewald, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
# # #