- Interpublic Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Apr 02, 2018
- Huge Transitions to New Global Leadership Mar 29, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Deutsche Bank 26th Annual Media, Telecom & Business Services Conference Mar 01, 2018
- IPG Publishes Third Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Report Feb 27, 2018
- IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening Feb 26, 2018
- Interpublic Group to Present at the 2018 Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference Feb 22, 2018
- IPG Leads Industry in Ad Age A-List Honors Feb 20, 2018
- Interpublic Increases Common Stock Dividend by 17% and Announces New $300 Million Share Repurchase Program Feb 14, 2018
IPG Presents 2016 Inclusion Awards
Agencies and Individuals Honored for Efforts
In Diversity and Inclusion
New York, NY – August 2, 2016 – Today Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) will host the company’s annual IPG Inclusion Awards program in New York City. The event is co-sponsored by MERGE, IPG’s cross-agency collection of business resource groups, and will honor agencies and individuals from IPG’s global network that have shown leadership in advancing IPG’s goal of being one of the world’s most diverse and inclusive companies.
Comedian Al Madrigal will serve as the Master of Ceremonies and host. The awards program will include remarks from Michael Roth, IPG’s Chairman and CEO, and Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer. Hundreds of Interpublic agency and corporate employees are expected to attend the live event in New York with more viewing a national live stream.
“Moving the needle on diversity and inclusion continues to be an issue of paramount importance for IPG,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “We are proud of the work we are doing to promote inclusion – work that is exemplified by the individuals and companies being honored today. We remain, however, very aware that there is much work to be done. We are committed to continuing to devote resources to D&I so that we can continue to progress on this important journey,” he continued.
According to Heide Gardner, SVP and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, “The awards elevate efforts that are making a difference and offer a moment of celebration that we can share with the honorees. Although we have much more progress to make it is valuable to acknowledge how far we have come.”
Interpublic agencies and employees were invited to submit entries and receive acknowledgement for 11 award categories. Submissions were then judged by MERGE leadership.
The 2016 IPG honorees are:
- Community Partnership – FCB Health
- Inclusive Talent Cultivation – MullenLowe Profero
- Inclusive Marketing Initiative of the Year – The Martin Agency
- Communication and Education Initiative – Octagon
- Most Effective Diverse Consumer Insights – Casanova//McCann
- Supplier Diversity – Jack Morton Detroit
- Multicultural Agency/Practice of the Year – Casanova//McCann
- Most Inclusive Climate – Carmichael Lynch
- Individual Champion of Inclusion – Emma Perkins, MullenLowe Open
- Agency Champion of Inclusion – Carmichael Lynch
- Chief Diversity Officer/Human Resources Leader of the Year – Ed Huerta-Margotta, Carmichael Lynch
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include BPN, Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA GLOBAL, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Other leading brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Campbell Ewald, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
MERGE is IPG's umbrella group for the company’s five Business Resource Groups (BRGs). The BRGs foster cultural awareness, career development, networking, mentoring and business opportunities. MERGE’s five BRGs include the: Asian Heritage Group (AHG), Black Employee Network (BEN), IPGLBT, Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group (SOMOS) and Women’s Leadership Network (WLN). BRGs are inclusive groups open to all IPG and agency team members. For more information, please visit http://merge.interpublic.com.
# # #