303 MullenLowe and Royal Life Saving Australia Urge Families to Keep Watch
To raise awareness of preventable backyard drowning incidents for Royal Life Saving Australia, 303 MullenLowe partnered with TV personality, Matt Preston, to host a mock internet content program, “The World's Most Costly.” The program opens innocently with Preston suited and smiling, but goes on to reveal a shocking statistic: 14 children drowned in Australian backyard swimming pools last summer – most often due to everyday distractions like going inside to check the oven, answering the door, taking a phone call or simply going to the bathroom.
“Given the importance of the message, we knew we needed to take a multi-disciplinary approach to this campaign. The “most costly” meme is a classic piece of clickable internet content, in this case made highly relevant by landing what the true cost of a seemingly simple item could be. Partnering with Matt Preston, a father himself, and one of Australia’s most famous chefs and TV personalities to present the message, helps grab people’s attention as they scroll through their news feeds, before educating them in a different way,” says Richard Morgan, Executive Creative Director at 303 MullenLowe.
According to the Royal Life Saving National Drowning Report 2016, 83 children died in private swimming pools between 2002-2015, with children under five years old most at risk.
Royal Life Saving NSW Operations Manager Michael Ilinsky said the recent tragedies resulting in a 22 month-old drowning and a two year old lifted to hospital, have again highlighted the urgency of this message.
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Carmichael Lynch Receives Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- FCB India Wins Inclusion Campaign of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- McCann Health London and Merck Launch ‘The Journey’ - Published on 08/14/2018
- Flipkart and Lowe Lintas Encourage Us to #Choose our Age - Published on 08/10/2018