Transitions® Lenses “Estilo a Primera Vista” (Style at First Sight)
Of the millions of eyeglass wearers in the U.S., U.S. Hispanic consumers are less likely than non-Hispanic whites to be aware of photochromic lenses – technology that allows lenses to adapt to changing light. However, once aware, they are more likely to show engagement and take interest in Transitions lenses.
The challenge? According to the National Eye Institute, only four out of 10 Hispanics have had an eye exam within the past year and a stigma that glasses (and Transitions) are not fashionable is a major barrier to product trial.
Strategy & Execution
Transitions® Optical partnered with Latina celebrity stylist Irma Martinez to launch "Estilo a Primera Vista," a campaign using Hispanic consumer interest in celebrities and fashion to drive home the message that embracing eyewear can enhance style, as well as vision.
In year one, Estilo centered around a three-part series offering tips on how to choose eyewear and accessorize eyeglass looks. In year two, we focused the content on summer travel and being fashionable while protecting eyes from UV rays.
To kick off the campaign, Irma participated in a full media day sharing her participation in the web series, as well as eyewear tips. The online and broadcast media outlets targeted key outlets to reach our demographic in major Hispanic markets including Miami, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas. A sustaining media day targeted beauty editors in New York with a Transitions lenses demo and eyewear style deskside briefing.
Complementing traditional media efforts, we looked toward Latina Blogger Connect to strengthen campaign presence through a Twitter Party and an influencer program. The Twitter party furthered the campaign’s eye health and eyewear messaging inciting the online community to share their personal eyewear stories.
- Over 900,000 Facebook views for content from year one.
- Year two results included a completion rate that was double the average benchmark, pointing to an engaging angle to the content.
- The video focused on summer travel and packing won a 2016 Marcom Gold Award.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018