Transitions® Lenses “Estilo a Primera Vista” (Style at First Sight)
Of the millions of eyeglass wearers in the U.S., U.S. Hispanic consumers are less likely than non-Hispanic whites to be aware of photochromic lenses – technology that allows lenses to adapt to changing light. However, once aware, they are more likely to show engagement and take interest in Transitions lenses.
The challenge? According to the National Eye Institute, only four out of 10 Hispanics have had an eye exam within the past year and a stigma that glasses (and Transitions) are not fashionable is a major barrier to product trial.
Strategy & Execution
Transitions® Optical partnered with Latina celebrity stylist Irma Martinez to launch "Estilo a Primera Vista," a campaign using Hispanic consumer interest in celebrities and fashion to drive home the message that embracing eyewear can enhance style, as well as vision.
In year one, Estilo centered around a three-part series offering tips on how to choose eyewear and accessorize eyeglass looks. In year two, we focused the content on summer travel and being fashionable while protecting eyes from UV rays.
To kick off the campaign, Irma participated in a full media day sharing her participation in the web series, as well as eyewear tips. The online and broadcast media outlets targeted key outlets to reach our demographic in major Hispanic markets including Miami, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas. A sustaining media day targeted beauty editors in New York with a Transitions lenses demo and eyewear style deskside briefing.
Complementing traditional media efforts, we looked toward Latina Blogger Connect to strengthen campaign presence through a Twitter Party and an influencer program. The Twitter party furthered the campaign’s eye health and eyewear messaging inciting the online community to share their personal eyewear stories.
- Over 900,000 Facebook views for content from year one.
- Year two results included a completion rate that was double the average benchmark, pointing to an engaging angle to the content.
- The video focused on summer travel and packing won a 2016 Marcom Gold Award.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018