Creating a Meaningful Purpose-Driven Campaign to Generate Affinity for a Tax Leader
Many young people do not have the skills needed to make effective money-management decisions. Instead of making simple mistakes while young, they are making mistakes that could have serious ramifications as adults. To help, H&R Block engaged Carmichael Lynch Relate to expand and elevate its latent "Dollars & Sense" program to increase teens’ financial literacy.
With H&R Block, we created a real-world simulation – the" H&R Block Budget Challenge" – to help teens learn how to make real-life decisions without real-life consequences. Students play classroom against classroom and student against student, competing for $3 million in grants. As part of its commitment to financial literacy, H&R Block offers the game free to teachers and home school educators. Employee associates help us award the students and teachers in their local communities.
We generated nearly 900 million impressions, and traffic to the Dollars & Sense website increased more than 14,000 percent year-over-year. Thousands of teachers received tools and lesson plans for their students; 100,000 students gained valuable financial literacy skills; and the company gave away $3 million in scholarships and grants. H&R Block saw significant lifts in brand preference and likability, as measured by its annual brand health tracking study.
The campaign won a 2016 PRWeek award for Cause Related Campaign of the Year, and was a finalist for Best in Show. And we have created a movement for this important cause and positioned H&R Block as the champion for preparing teens to successfully manage their personal finances.
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018
- L’ORéAL CANADA and McCann Show Every Woman is Worth It - Published on 03/15/2018
- Jack Morton and Audible Bring Audio Content to Newark Community - Published on 03/14/2018