McCann New York and Lockheed Martin Use VR to Send Children to Mars
McCann New York and Lockheed Martin launched Generation Beyond, a national educational program to bring the science of space into homes and classrooms. The STEM program is designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
Today’s children will walk on Mars and explore deep space. So McCann New York decided to engage and inspire students with the Mars Experience Bus, a first-of-its-kind “group VR” experience in which the windows of a school bus transform to take riders on a tour of the Martian surface. Cutting-edge technology creates a “1:1 relationship” between Earth and Mars – when the bus turns, the landscape turns just as it would in any bus trip, allowing riders to experience the Red Planet without headsets or glasses.
The project won 19 Lions, more than any other single piece of work at Cannes in 2016. And it did so in 11 categories — from Cyber to PR to Entertainment to Innovation — a testament to how broadly the work crossed into different disciplines.
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018