McCann New York and Lockheed Martin Use VR to Send Children to Mars
McCann New York and Lockheed Martin launched Generation Beyond, a national educational program to bring the science of space into homes and classrooms. The STEM program is designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
Today’s children will walk on Mars and explore deep space. So McCann New York decided to engage and inspire students with the Mars Experience Bus, a first-of-its-kind “group VR” experience in which the windows of a school bus transform to take riders on a tour of the Martian surface. Cutting-edge technology creates a “1:1 relationship” between Earth and Mars – when the bus turns, the landscape turns just as it would in any bus trip, allowing riders to experience the Red Planet without headsets or glasses.
The project won 19 Lions, more than any other single piece of work at Cannes in 2016. And it did so in 11 categories — from Cyber to PR to Entertainment to Innovation — a testament to how broadly the work crossed into different disciplines.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018