McCann New York and Lockheed Martin Use VR to Send Children to Mars
McCann New York and Lockheed Martin launched Generation Beyond, a national educational program to bring the science of space into homes and classrooms. The STEM program is designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
Today’s children will walk on Mars and explore deep space. So McCann New York decided to engage and inspire students with the Mars Experience Bus, a first-of-its-kind “group VR” experience in which the windows of a school bus transform to take riders on a tour of the Martian surface. Cutting-edge technology creates a “1:1 relationship” between Earth and Mars – when the bus turns, the landscape turns just as it would in any bus trip, allowing riders to experience the Red Planet without headsets or glasses.
The project won 19 Lions, more than any other single piece of work at Cannes in 2016. And it did so in 11 categories — from Cyber to PR to Entertainment to Innovation — a testament to how broadly the work crossed into different disciplines.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019