McCann New York and Lockheed Martin Use VR to Send Children to Mars
McCann New York and Lockheed Martin launched Generation Beyond, a national educational program to bring the science of space into homes and classrooms. The STEM program is designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
Today’s children will walk on Mars and explore deep space. So McCann New York decided to engage and inspire students with the Mars Experience Bus, a first-of-its-kind “group VR” experience in which the windows of a school bus transform to take riders on a tour of the Martian surface. Cutting-edge technology creates a “1:1 relationship” between Earth and Mars – when the bus turns, the landscape turns just as it would in any bus trip, allowing riders to experience the Red Planet without headsets or glasses.
The project won 19 Lions, more than any other single piece of work at Cannes in 2016. And it did so in 11 categories — from Cyber to PR to Entertainment to Innovation — a testament to how broadly the work crossed into different disciplines.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018