McCann New York and Lockheed Martin Use VR to Send Children to Mars
McCann New York and Lockheed Martin launched Generation Beyond, a national educational program to bring the science of space into homes and classrooms. The STEM program is designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
Today’s children will walk on Mars and explore deep space. So McCann New York decided to engage and inspire students with the Mars Experience Bus, a first-of-its-kind “group VR” experience in which the windows of a school bus transform to take riders on a tour of the Martian surface. Cutting-edge technology creates a “1:1 relationship” between Earth and Mars – when the bus turns, the landscape turns just as it would in any bus trip, allowing riders to experience the Red Planet without headsets or glasses.
The project won 19 Lions, more than any other single piece of work at Cannes in 2016. And it did so in 11 categories — from Cyber to PR to Entertainment to Innovation — a testament to how broadly the work crossed into different disciplines.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019