Lysol: Protect Like A Mother
McCann New York has launched a new campaign for the iconic Lysol brand that celebrates Moms who will do anything to protect their children.
The work is part of a major launch across Europe and North America under the theme line, "What it takes to protect." The creative work – comparing moms to wild animals like grizzly bears – moves the advertising message to an emotional level and away from the product-centric approach. We see no cans of Lysol of or Moms spraying countertops that gleam in the sunlight. The work is part of a larger integrated and channel-agnostic approach campaign across all of the regions, with McCann, McCann Health and McCann Humancare working together. Lysol – or Dettol in many overseas markets, such as India – is the largest brand in global client Reckitt Benckiser’s portfolio.
The creative idea is based on the positioning of “unconditional protection,” and is designed to shift the Lysol brand from standing for germ-killing and antiseptic surfaces to representing a brand personality that is far more human. Built on the foundation of McCann’s work in India for Dettol, the idea creates a truly meaningful role for Dettol/Lysol in people's lives.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019