Lysol: Protect Like A Mother
McCann New York has launched a new campaign for the iconic Lysol brand that celebrates Moms who will do anything to protect their children.
The work is part of a major launch across Europe and North America under the theme line, "What it takes to protect." The creative work – comparing moms to wild animals like grizzly bears – moves the advertising message to an emotional level and away from the product-centric approach. We see no cans of Lysol of or Moms spraying countertops that gleam in the sunlight. The work is part of a larger integrated and channel-agnostic approach campaign across all of the regions, with McCann, McCann Health and McCann Humancare working together. Lysol – or Dettol in many overseas markets, such as India – is the largest brand in global client Reckitt Benckiser’s portfolio.
The creative idea is based on the positioning of “unconditional protection,” and is designed to shift the Lysol brand from standing for germ-killing and antiseptic surfaces to representing a brand personality that is far more human. Built on the foundation of McCann’s work in India for Dettol, the idea creates a truly meaningful role for Dettol/Lysol in people's lives.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019