Lysol: Protect Like A Mother
McCann New York has launched a new campaign for the iconic Lysol brand that celebrates Moms who will do anything to protect their children.
The work is part of a major launch across Europe and North America under the theme line, "What it takes to protect." The creative work – comparing moms to wild animals like grizzly bears – moves the advertising message to an emotional level and away from the product-centric approach. We see no cans of Lysol of or Moms spraying countertops that gleam in the sunlight. The work is part of a larger integrated and channel-agnostic approach campaign across all of the regions, with McCann, McCann Health and McCann Humancare working together. Lysol – or Dettol in many overseas markets, such as India – is the largest brand in global client Reckitt Benckiser’s portfolio.
The creative idea is based on the positioning of “unconditional protection,” and is designed to shift the Lysol brand from standing for germ-killing and antiseptic surfaces to representing a brand personality that is far more human. Built on the foundation of McCann’s work in India for Dettol, the idea creates a truly meaningful role for Dettol/Lysol in people's lives.
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018
- L’ORéAL CANADA and McCann Show Every Woman is Worth It - Published on 03/15/2018
- Jack Morton and Audible Bring Audio Content to Newark Community - Published on 03/14/2018