Lysol: Protect Like A Mother
McCann New York has launched a new campaign for the iconic Lysol brand that celebrates Moms who will do anything to protect their children.
The work is part of a major launch across Europe and North America under the theme line, "What it takes to protect." The creative work – comparing moms to wild animals like grizzly bears – moves the advertising message to an emotional level and away from the product-centric approach. We see no cans of Lysol of or Moms spraying countertops that gleam in the sunlight. The work is part of a larger integrated and channel-agnostic approach campaign across all of the regions, with McCann, McCann Health and McCann Humancare working together. Lysol – or Dettol in many overseas markets, such as India – is the largest brand in global client Reckitt Benckiser’s portfolio.
The creative idea is based on the positioning of “unconditional protection,” and is designed to shift the Lysol brand from standing for germ-killing and antiseptic surfaces to representing a brand personality that is far more human. Built on the foundation of McCann’s work in India for Dettol, the idea creates a truly meaningful role for Dettol/Lysol in people's lives.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019