FCB Launches New Ad Council Campaign on Smokey Bear’s Birthday
In honor of Smokey Bear’s 73rd birthday, the Ad Council, the U.S. Forest Service and the National Association of State Foresters launched new digital-first videos and artwork inspired by beloved Smokey Bear posters to raise awareness of lesser known wildfire starts in an effort to decrease human-caused wildfires. FCB West has proudly developed pro bono public service announcements (PSAs) for Smokey Bear, the longest-running public service advertising campaign in U.S. history, since his birth in 1944.
Smokey Bear has been a recognized symbol of wildfire prevention since August 9, 1944. Although progress has been made, wildfires remain one of the most critical environmental issues affecting the U.S. On average, nearly nine out of 10 wildfires nationwide today are caused by people. In addition to the causes depicted in the new PSAs, the main causes of wildfire include campfires or warming fires being left unattended or improperly extinguished, debris burning on windy days, improper discarding of smoking materials or BBQ coals, and operating equipment without spark arrestors.
- DEUTSCH PARTNERS WITH THE FEMALE QUOTIENT TO LAUNCH CAREER ADVICE BOT - Published on 06/21/2018
- MullenLowe London Creates PSA for Unstereotype Alliance - Published on 06/21/2018
- IPG Hosts Eighth Annual IPG Women’s Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/15/2018
- Hill Holliday and Bank of America Celebrate Progress Toward an AIDS-Free Generation - Published on 06/14/2018
- Hill Holliday Produces ‘Fathers and Sons’ Video for Fathers Day - Published on 06/14/2018
- #TeamIceland Recruits Fans from Argentina - Published on 06/13/2018
- IPG Continues Partnership with charity: water - Published on 06/12/2018
- R/GA’s ‘Not So FAQ’ Addresses Diversity in the Workplace - Published on 06/12/2018
- McCann London Challenges Blood Donation Ban - Published on 06/12/2018
- FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations - Published on 06/11/2018