MullenLowe and Papyrus Create Immersive Experience at New York Fashion Week
MullenLowe and Papyrus made a mark at New York Fashion Week, with their first-ever runway set design creative collaboration. Working with renowned designer Adam Selman and alongside paper art sculptor, Daniel Sean Murphy of The Wall Group, Papyrus helped elevate Selman’s highly anticipated runway show with an immersive set designed entirely of paper that uniquely brought Selman’s experiential paper forest vision to life.
“I was dreaming up ways to create a visual and physical experience to celebrate my show this season. I was introduced to Daniel Sean Murphy and Papyrus and together we developed a paper art installation that brought my vision to life. Collaborating with Papyrus to build the set was an incredible integration that helped to bring my dream to a reality.” – Adam Selman, designer
The set design echoed Selman’s collection, through the use of paper application, intricate design and craftsmanship, the set featured paper foliage, iris blooms that mimicked prints on some of the various pieces and more than 100 iconic Papyrus hummingbirds that are typically featured on the unique gold foil seal used to close each Papyrus envelope. Show-goers were swept away into an experiential runway show unlike any other, where they could appreciate the marriage of fashion and art while seeing a vibrant Selman collection featuring signature looks that promoted style and ease.
Each guest was also sent home with a personal touch — a custom thank you card mimicking the design of an authentic denim pocket featuring a unique message from Selman.
In addition to the Adam Selman collaboration, Papyrus continued its seasonal footprint by creating The Café by Papyrus. This year’s café design included an array of programming to encourage show-goers to foster more meaningful connections. During the week-long activation, we fueled show-goers with specialty coffee and sweet treats as well as creating unique card-sending moments.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018