MullenLowe and Papyrus Create Immersive Experience at New York Fashion Week
MullenLowe and Papyrus made a mark at New York Fashion Week, with their first-ever runway set design creative collaboration. Working with renowned designer Adam Selman and alongside paper art sculptor, Daniel Sean Murphy of The Wall Group, Papyrus helped elevate Selman’s highly anticipated runway show with an immersive set designed entirely of paper that uniquely brought Selman’s experiential paper forest vision to life.
“I was dreaming up ways to create a visual and physical experience to celebrate my show this season. I was introduced to Daniel Sean Murphy and Papyrus and together we developed a paper art installation that brought my vision to life. Collaborating with Papyrus to build the set was an incredible integration that helped to bring my dream to a reality.” – Adam Selman, designer
The set design echoed Selman’s collection, through the use of paper application, intricate design and craftsmanship, the set featured paper foliage, iris blooms that mimicked prints on some of the various pieces and more than 100 iconic Papyrus hummingbirds that are typically featured on the unique gold foil seal used to close each Papyrus envelope. Show-goers were swept away into an experiential runway show unlike any other, where they could appreciate the marriage of fashion and art while seeing a vibrant Selman collection featuring signature looks that promoted style and ease.
Each guest was also sent home with a personal touch — a custom thank you card mimicking the design of an authentic denim pocket featuring a unique message from Selman.
In addition to the Adam Selman collaboration, Papyrus continued its seasonal footprint by creating The Café by Papyrus. This year’s café design included an array of programming to encourage show-goers to foster more meaningful connections. During the week-long activation, we fueled show-goers with specialty coffee and sweet treats as well as creating unique card-sending moments.
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019