McCann Promotes Environmental Awareness with Travelling Fruits Campaign
- Many products are shipped halfway round the world to our local supermarkets, creating vast amounts of unnecessary pollution.
- The “Travelling Fruits” campaign draws attention to the fact that by shopping wisely, consumers can help reduce CO2 emissions.
- The campaign’s goal was to create awareness that buying locally-grown products contributes to carbon emissions reductions – in a similar way to making choices about fuel-efficient cars.
McCann Germany created bold images to capture the attention of consumers – showing tropical fruits, in the form of planes and freighter ships spewing exhaust. The campaign created a strong visual message that tropical fruits – such as bananas, pineapples, and coconuts – are embedded with the environmental impacts of long-distance travel. The billboards ran in the large towns of Germany.
The “Travelling Fruits” campaign received international publicity, bringing the environmental message to different markets including Marie Claire Magazine, South Africa; UNEP Gallery, Paris; “Greening the World“ Exhibition, Milan, Italy and Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network Exhibition, Brisbane, Australia.
The campaign also won award nominations for McCann Germany including:
- Mobius Award Competition (Print), 2009 – First Place
- Cresta Awards (Best Billboard), 2009 – Shortlist
- One Show (Outdoor Campaign), 2009 – First Cut
- Plakat & Media Grand Prix (Best Poster), 2009 - Finalist
- ADVANTAGE & HYUNDAI ARE ROLLING AGAIN WITH THE NFL ROOKIES - Published on 04/20/2018
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018