The London Marathon is the city's biggest public spectacle of the year with 800,000 people lining the streets of the capital and the event being beamed to 196 countries. For Liverpool runner, Scott Montgomery, these events are less about exercising and more about fundraising.
To help him get across the finish line with some motivation while raising money, we outfitted Scott with a "carrot and stick" style Dunkin' Donuts headgear set – the "Marathon Motivator"- that dangled a giant tempting donut just 18 inches from his face. He also wore a Dunkin’ Donut’s branded outfit alongside the message "Just Donut." Dunkin’ Donuts provided Montgomery with £2000 toward his chosen charity, Children with Cancer UK.
The Dunkin' Donuts headgear was promoted on social media before the event with a film and print ads that mimicked 1980’s US home shopping TV, giving the hat a comical backstory that claimed it was a failed 1980’s invention. Found footage from a 1980s shopping channel was rescued and restored, showing a product that Dunkin Donuts put out, one that never quite took off. Dunkin Donuts decided to build the product for the 2017 London Marathon, letting one lucky runner see what all the technological-donut-fuelled-fuss is about.The "official" line from Dunkin’ Donuts was that they had re-discovered the film in their archives and were resurrecting it for the London Marathon 2017 in order to raise money for a good cause.
Montgomery wore the hat to show how a delicious Dunkin’ Donut can provide extra motivation as part of his quest to run 2017 miles in multiple marathons throughout this year to provide money for the charity, which supports children living with cancer.
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018