MullenLowe and Royal Caribbean Showcase Local Flavor in Short Films
Royal Caribbean knows that part of the lure of adventure lies in experiencing the local culture. To bring their audience an authentic connection with people and culture, MullenLowe Boston created an original miniseries entitled The Local. The documentary series celebrates people around the world, their unique passions, communities and cultures.
In the premiere season, three locals from Alaska are highlighted: Wayne Price, a Tlingit master carver determined to keep his culture alive while bringing peace and healing to those in need; Mary Smith, a culinary expert and food journalist on a mission to bring recognition to the Alaskan culinary scene while telling the stories behind each dish; and Dan Oberlatz, a wilderness explorer who enjoyed his visit to Alaska so much, he moved there and now guides expeditions into Alaska’s backcountry for a living.
“Ultimately, we wanted our audience to experience the content like they would a film,” said Kara Wallace, VP of North America Marketing at Royal Caribbean. “We wanted them to get lost in the unique stories and perspectives of Alaska; to watch and think, ‘I want to go there, I want to do that,'” she continued.
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- Making an Impact with Major Media - Published on 12/10/2018
- 12 Days of Grilled Cheese - Published on 12/10/2018