MullenLowe and Royal Caribbean Showcase Local Flavor in Short Films
Royal Caribbean knows that part of the lure of adventure lies in experiencing the local culture. To bring their audience an authentic connection with people and culture, MullenLowe Boston created an original miniseries entitled The Local. The documentary series celebrates people around the world, their unique passions, communities and cultures.
In the premiere season, three locals from Alaska are highlighted: Wayne Price, a Tlingit master carver determined to keep his culture alive while bringing peace and healing to those in need; Mary Smith, a culinary expert and food journalist on a mission to bring recognition to the Alaskan culinary scene while telling the stories behind each dish; and Dan Oberlatz, a wilderness explorer who enjoyed his visit to Alaska so much, he moved there and now guides expeditions into Alaska’s backcountry for a living.
“Ultimately, we wanted our audience to experience the content like they would a film,” said Kara Wallace, VP of North America Marketing at Royal Caribbean. “We wanted them to get lost in the unique stories and perspectives of Alaska; to watch and think, ‘I want to go there, I want to do that,'” she continued.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019