MullenLowe and Royal Caribbean Showcase Local Flavor in Short Films
Royal Caribbean knows that part of the lure of adventure lies in experiencing the local culture. To bring their audience an authentic connection with people and culture, MullenLowe Boston created an original miniseries entitled The Local. The documentary series celebrates people around the world, their unique passions, communities and cultures.
In the premiere season, three locals from Alaska are highlighted: Wayne Price, a Tlingit master carver determined to keep his culture alive while bringing peace and healing to those in need; Mary Smith, a culinary expert and food journalist on a mission to bring recognition to the Alaskan culinary scene while telling the stories behind each dish; and Dan Oberlatz, a wilderness explorer who enjoyed his visit to Alaska so much, he moved there and now guides expeditions into Alaska’s backcountry for a living.
“Ultimately, we wanted our audience to experience the content like they would a film,” said Kara Wallace, VP of North America Marketing at Royal Caribbean. “We wanted them to get lost in the unique stories and perspectives of Alaska; to watch and think, ‘I want to go there, I want to do that,'” she continued.
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018