Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve
Planet Fitness, America’s fastest growing gym, wanted to become a leader in their category. But to do so, they needed to move beyond challenging other gyms, and instead take on the judgements of the world. Our idea? The World Judges. We Don’t.
We looked into the brand’s DNA and turned the Judgement Free Zone into a verb by creating a custom thumbs up emoji that would show up in every aspect of the creative; symbolizing that you’re good, we’re all good because Planet Fitness is more than a gym - it’s your judgement-free happy place. Our campaign launched on the fitness world’s Super Bowl - New Year’s Eve, with a complete takeover of Times Square. We aired a :60 second spot with a countdown theme featuring judgement scenarios. We branded stages, billboards, and millions of hats. So when global news outlets showed Times Square, everyone saw Planet Fitness.
We grew Planet Fitness new membership by 67%, crashing the website during our New Year’s promotion due to an eightfold increase in site traffic. January 2017 became their best performing month of all-time with over 1.2MM+ member acquisitions, 700 join attempts per minute, a record-breaking increase of 54% year-over-year at a cost-per-join of 47.5% lesser than the previous year. The campaign generated over 73M media impressions.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018