Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve
Planet Fitness, America’s fastest growing gym, wanted to become a leader in their category. But to do so, they needed to move beyond challenging other gyms, and instead take on the judgements of the world. Our idea? The World Judges. We Don’t.
We looked into the brand’s DNA and turned the Judgement Free Zone into a verb by creating a custom thumbs up emoji that would show up in every aspect of the creative; symbolizing that you’re good, we’re all good because Planet Fitness is more than a gym - it’s your judgement-free happy place. Our campaign launched on the fitness world’s Super Bowl - New Year’s Eve, with a complete takeover of Times Square. We aired a :60 second spot with a countdown theme featuring judgement scenarios. We branded stages, billboards, and millions of hats. So when global news outlets showed Times Square, everyone saw Planet Fitness.
We grew Planet Fitness new membership by 67%, crashing the website during our New Year’s promotion due to an eightfold increase in site traffic. January 2017 became their best performing month of all-time with over 1.2MM+ member acquisitions, 700 join attempts per minute, a record-breaking increase of 54% year-over-year at a cost-per-join of 47.5% lesser than the previous year. The campaign generated over 73M media impressions.
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019