Bank of America Mobile Banking App
Bank of America saw an opportunity to build its business by changing how many of its existing customers bank. Since usage of the Bank of America Mobile Banking app correlates to more satisfied and involved customers, we needed to get mobile banking late adopters to start using the app.
We introduced the undoubtedly unique Llama, adding some unexpected fun to the Bank of America Mobile Banking app. We hoped that The Llama’s engaging and dry sense of humor would cast a new light on mobile banking while also highlighting the value that customers would get from having more direct and flexible control over their money. We introduced The Llama as the Bank of America mobile ambassador, getting customers to reassess the role of the Bank of America app in their lives.
Using video across platforms as the strongest awareness-driving format, we drove consideration and adoption through placements in mobile, digital, social and point-of-sale environments. Bank of America’s relationship with Major League Baseball provided an outstanding opportunity to reach an engaged fan base with highly shareable content. Partnering with Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, we were able to push the envelope of what has been done in the financial services category.
After three consecutive years of decline in Bank of America Mobile Banking app users, we saw a 22% increase in net new active users compared to the same time period in the previous year. Users logged in over 530 million times, nearly 50% more than the previous year. Mobile deposits rose by 28% year-over-year and mobile bill payments went up 30%. By introducing and developing The Llama, we drove a 4.2-point lift in brand favorability and 5.1-point lift in intent to download the app on Facebook; 7.4-point increase in brand favorability on Twitter; and 4.8-point lift in brand awareness on Snapchat.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018