Bank of America Mobile Banking App
Bank of America saw an opportunity to build its business by changing how many of its existing customers bank. Since usage of the Bank of America Mobile Banking app correlates to more satisfied and involved customers, we needed to get mobile banking late adopters to start using the app.
We introduced the undoubtedly unique Llama, adding some unexpected fun to the Bank of America Mobile Banking app. We hoped that The Llama’s engaging and dry sense of humor would cast a new light on mobile banking while also highlighting the value that customers would get from having more direct and flexible control over their money. We introduced The Llama as the Bank of America mobile ambassador, getting customers to reassess the role of the Bank of America app in their lives.
Using video across platforms as the strongest awareness-driving format, we drove consideration and adoption through placements in mobile, digital, social and point-of-sale environments. Bank of America’s relationship with Major League Baseball provided an outstanding opportunity to reach an engaged fan base with highly shareable content. Partnering with Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, we were able to push the envelope of what has been done in the financial services category.
After three consecutive years of decline in Bank of America Mobile Banking app users, we saw a 22% increase in net new active users compared to the same time period in the previous year. Users logged in over 530 million times, nearly 50% more than the previous year. Mobile deposits rose by 28% year-over-year and mobile bill payments went up 30%. By introducing and developing The Llama, we drove a 4.2-point lift in brand favorability and 5.1-point lift in intent to download the app on Facebook; 7.4-point increase in brand favorability on Twitter; and 4.8-point lift in brand awareness on Snapchat.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019