McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention
Inspired by the experience of a colleague who lost a loved one to suicide, a team of volunteers at the healthcare communications company McCann Torre Lazur, a McCann Health Company based in Parsippany, New Jersey, has spent the last two years engaging their creative powers to build a powerful call to action for suicide prevention, showing the world that life is worth living.
Earlier this month, #worthliving team took The Orange Project to the streets–Garibaldi Square in Washington Square Park, NYC –- and invited the public to write a note and maybe help save a life.
Using the orange sticky note as a visual vehicle to speak out for suicide awareness, the team wants to tell those suffering that suicide isn't the answer. They want to give hope to the girl being bullied, the boy who feels unloved, and other young adults experiencing dark moments. The team will be inviting people to handwrite a note of hope and encouragement for someone who needs it and maybe help save a life.
Now in its 3rd year, the #worthliving team is working with students across the globe to roll out The Orange Project, a youth-driven educational and social media campaign encouraging more open communication about suicide and an understanding of its warning signs. The team hopes to build the largest photo album of handwritten notes from across the globe to raise awareness about suicide prevention in young people and (hopefully) break a Guinness World Record, but the ultimate goal remains the same…to help save a life.
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018