MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’
MullenLowe has again partnered on “Inspiring the Future” run by Education and Employers, an NGO that exists to help children aspire to be whatever they want – regardless of who they are and where they come from.
In 2018, Inspiring the Future and MullenLowe Group have once again joined forces to ask society to drop the “female’ tag.” Through a thought-provoking online film and head-turning out of home posters, the campaign shows how the language we all use contributes to the problem of unconscious bias.
This bias toward gender limits the opportunities that children perceive they have. By dropping the “female” prefix for builders, soldiers, surgeons, CEOs and others, society is asked to consider why we unnecessarily add a gender label to a female professional. Shouldn’t people be judged on their manner, skill and output; not by applying a gender label?
Nick Chambers, Chief Executive of the Education and Employers taskforce commented, “In 2016 we successfully shined a light on the young age that gender stereotyping takes hold. A lot of progress has been made when it comes to gender equality, but the language that we use in the workplace still paves the way for unconscious bias. And that in turn can affect the dreams and aspirations of future generations. We’re here to correct that. And that’s exactly what this campaign sets out to do.”
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018