MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’
MullenLowe has again partnered on “Inspiring the Future” run by Education and Employers, an NGO that exists to help children aspire to be whatever they want – regardless of who they are and where they come from.
In 2018, Inspiring the Future and MullenLowe Group have once again joined forces to ask society to drop the “female’ tag.” Through a thought-provoking online film and head-turning out of home posters, the campaign shows how the language we all use contributes to the problem of unconscious bias.
This bias toward gender limits the opportunities that children perceive they have. By dropping the “female” prefix for builders, soldiers, surgeons, CEOs and others, society is asked to consider why we unnecessarily add a gender label to a female professional. Shouldn’t people be judged on their manner, skill and output; not by applying a gender label?
Nick Chambers, Chief Executive of the Education and Employers taskforce commented, “In 2016 we successfully shined a light on the young age that gender stereotyping takes hold. A lot of progress has been made when it comes to gender equality, but the language that we use in the workplace still paves the way for unconscious bias. And that in turn can affect the dreams and aspirations of future generations. We’re here to correct that. And that’s exactly what this campaign sets out to do.”
- McCann, Kesha and Gun Activists Bring Attention to Vicious Cycle of Gun Violence - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPG Wears Purple to Stand Up Against Bullying - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPGLBT Releases Spirit Day Guide for Bullying Prevention - Published on 10/17/2018
- McCann London Brings Attention to Air Pollution with ‘Toxic Toby’ - Published on 10/17/2018
- The Martin Agency, OpenTable and Virginia Tourism Create Stranger-Pairing Program - Published on 10/16/2018
- BEN Hosts Civility in America Presentation - Published on 10/12/2018
- IPG and Huge Honored by UN Foundation - Published on 10/11/2018
- Orion Hosts Hispanic Heritage Month Program - Published on 10/10/2018
- MullenLowe SSP3 and Aruba Tourism Challenge Stereotypes in Love - Published on 10/09/2018
- Acxiom Provides Unified Data Solutions - Published on 10/09/2018