MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’
MullenLowe has again partnered on “Inspiring the Future” run by Education and Employers, an NGO that exists to help children aspire to be whatever they want – regardless of who they are and where they come from.
In 2018, Inspiring the Future and MullenLowe Group have once again joined forces to ask society to drop the “female’ tag.” Through a thought-provoking online film and head-turning out of home posters, the campaign shows how the language we all use contributes to the problem of unconscious bias.
This bias toward gender limits the opportunities that children perceive they have. By dropping the “female” prefix for builders, soldiers, surgeons, CEOs and others, society is asked to consider why we unnecessarily add a gender label to a female professional. Shouldn’t people be judged on their manner, skill and output; not by applying a gender label?
Nick Chambers, Chief Executive of the Education and Employers taskforce commented, “In 2016 we successfully shined a light on the young age that gender stereotyping takes hold. A lot of progress has been made when it comes to gender equality, but the language that we use in the workplace still paves the way for unconscious bias. And that in turn can affect the dreams and aspirations of future generations. We’re here to correct that. And that’s exactly what this campaign sets out to do.”
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018