Writing a New Story for Surfacing
For generations, Formica Corporation was known for its durable, high-pressure laminate kitchen countertops. But after more than 100 years in business, the company had a new story to tell with Formica® Writable Surfaces, six chalkboard and markerboard designs made to be written on and wiped clean on vertical and horizontal surfaces throughout the home. Our challenge: Launch Formica® Writable Surfaces as an on-trend solution for any room in the home.
Think beyond the kitchen and traditional surfaces by demonstrating how Formica® Writable Surfaces can unlock creativity in any room, from bedroom walls to tabletops, desktops, cabinet fronts and more.
By launching the product at the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, one of the industry’s biggest tradeshows, attendees and media saw firsthand how the Formica® Writable Surfaces designs could be used. The ColorBook markerboard design illustrated the coloring book trend with floral lines to fill in, erase and color again. The ImagiGrid design offered a practical grid for creating lists and schedules. The LoveWords design featured words such as “family” and “cozy” as a backdrop for writing personalized expressions.
Influencer marketing: We engaged with up-and-coming food influencer ChelSweets and organizing aficionado Organizing Made Fun to share their own Formica® Writable Surfaces experiences. ChelSweets created a video of her unicorn cake made on a table featuring the ImagiGrid design, and Organizing Made Fun created a refreshed home command center featuring the ColorBook and ChalkAble™ designs.
Media relations: Through our outreach, Formica® Writable Surfaces captured the attention of influential home and shelter editors across the nation. As a result of our relationships, HGTV’s “The Property Brothers: Buying + Selling” fourth season incorporated the new products into an episode, which garnered more than 1.3 million impressions.
Within the first year, we garnered more than 250 million media impressions and 170 placements for Formica® Writable Surfaces. Feature placements including The Associated Press, USA Today Home, The DIY Network and Better Homes & Gardens. Our influencer program garnered more than 1 million impressions. In addition, ChelSweets’ video is one of her most viewed to date.
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018