Introducing Modern Mom's #WingMama, the Baroness
Red Baron Pizza is the second-largest national frozen pizza brand in the U.S. From its crust that’s not too thick and not too thin with just the right amount of crunch, to a family-friendly price tag, Red Baron was created to please even the pickiest of eaters by helping moms eliminate dinnertime battles. Yet when the brand surveyed its core target audience – perfectly imperfect moms – the data showed that they didn’t feel like Red Baron was a brand made for them or their families. Further research showed these moms felt the dark packaging and decades-old male Red Baron brand character skewed too masculine for their liking, positioning Red Baron as a “man’s brand” in the hearts and minds of these primary frozen-pizza buyers. Our opportunity: make moms fall in love with Red Baron by proving it’s a brand equipped to help them battle mealtime or anytime.
So in came the Baroness, the new brand character for Red Baron and the epitome of a modern-day “wing mama.” The brand created this new character to remind moms that managing mealtime chaos can be easy as (pizza) pie. Red Baron launched the Baroness through a national TV spot featuring the new larger-than-life “spokesmom” trading pepperoni pizza and positive affirmations with one very busy mom in exchange for some memorable parenting war stories.
Once Red Baron introduced the Baroness, the brand tasked our agency with making sure our perfectly imperfect mom audience not only knew her, but loved her. In order to demonstrate that the brand understands these moms, Carmichael Lynch Relate created the Red Baron Squadron, a panel of entrepreneurial #wingmamas to encourage and celebrate the imperfections that come along with motherhood, whether that’s battling the tantrums of a three-year-old or using pizza as a secret weapon that the whole family can agree on.
We identified prominent moms in the media and on social to join Red Baron for an exclusive VIP pizza party – no kids allowed! Moms were invited to meet the Baroness, get glam and customize their very own bomber jackets with patches they picked to reflect their individual war stories like “Tantrum Slayer,” “Napkin Ninja” and “Pizza for Peace.” We also conducted traditional media relations at campaign launch and engaged mom bloggers across the country to share their own parenting war stories.
The earned media and influencer campaign generated more than 331 million impressions, securing coverage in top-tier outlets like Parade Magazine, and surpassing program impression goals by more than 14 percent. Best of all, the Baroness welcomed 33 influential moms from prominent outlets like O Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, HuffPost, Mommy Shorts and more into her Red Baron Squadron to fly with for years to come.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019