Four Courses. Four Seasons. One Hundred Yards.
Schwan’s Company is a frozen foods category leader and one of 18 Fortune 500 companies in a competitive Minnesota business landscape. While Schwan’s may be most well-known for its iconic yellow delivery trucks, it’s also a leading food service provider and owner of some of the most beloved brands in your grocer’s freezer aisle, including Freschetta® and Red Baron® pizzas.
Not only is Minnesota home to Schwan’s Company, it was the site of Super Bowl LII. As the nation turned its attention to the Bold North in preparation for the big game, Schwan’s recognized an opportunity to use its homefield advantage to celebrate the company’s 65th Anniversary and founding partnership with the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee.
To make this moment in Minnesota history matter more to Schwan’s leadership, employees and customers, the company challenged us to create an inspiring and newsworthy way to showcase its contribution to the local business economy, its innovative footprint in frozen foods and its role in shaping Minnesota food culture in the most football-inspired way ever.
Idea: A Feast on the Field
The Schwan’s Feast on the Field was a culinary experience that elevated the portfolio of Schwan’s frozen foods as the main event inside the new U.S. Bank Stadium – future home of Super Bowl VII. Partnering with members of the Schwan’s Chef’s Collective, we worked with this panel of award-winning chefs from around the country to develop new recipes using local seasonal foods with Schwan’s frozen ingredients. We transformed the professional football field into 100 yards of a seasonally-inspired, progressive dining experience for more than 300 local influencers to highlight Schwan’s frozen foods in an innovative way, including:
- Spring Tailgate: guests entered the event through the end zone cheered on by professional football royalty, marching bands and more to sample spring-inspired appetizers such as a seafood plateau, deviled eggs and a bison hot dish.
- Summer Al Fresco Dinner: a seated, four-course meal featuring items like tempura squash blossoms, venison tartar and Minnesota walleye pike quenelles and elevated with upscale farm tables, hanging white lights and the sounds of summer piping through the loud speaker.
- Autumnal Sweets Station: following dinner, guests were invited into a wonderland, or in this case, an indoor bonfire to snack on sweets from Schwan’s, including sweets on a stick and a DIY s’mores station.
- Winter Wonderland: guests ended the evening with a post-game concert featuring a famed Minnesota band and custom cocktails to keep folks moving and dining the night away.
Results: A Touchdown for Schwan’s
- Schwan’s "Feast on the Field" crushed its attendance goal of 275 guests by more than 20 percent with no attendee RSVP cancellations
- 40 percent of attendees shared their event experiences with 120 social posts for 873,000 organic impressions
- KPI goals were exceeded by more than 60 percent, generating 157 million media impressions.
- 100 percent of placements featured event images, a quote from a company spokesperson and two key messages
- Placements in prominent publications included Eat.Drink.Dish., MPLS, The Daily Norseman, Kim Ly Curry, Fresh Tart and Fit Foodie Finds
- AP photos were picked up by 10 publications across the country including The Atlanta Journal Constitution and The Denver Post
- Three local TV segments featured event highlights and live cooking demos from Schwan’s Chef Collective members, using Schwan’s frozen foods
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018