LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King Create ‘Stories Ordering’ on Instagram
To reiterate that you can "have it your way" at Burger King, LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King hacked the immensely popular stories feature on Instagram to create a one-of-a-kind Whopper-building experience. By creating nine stories, one for each of the Whopper’s fresh ingredients, customers were invited to customize their Whopper by picking their favorite ingredient via the “polls” feature. Each set of completed polls generated a unique coupon (that we sent through a DM) for people to redeem their custom Whopper at the Burger King of their choice, for free.
But they didn’t stop there. Burger King and LOLA MullenLowe used all the data generated by the activation to bring Spain’s favorite Whopper to life. The InstaWhopper was available in every Burger King across Spain for a limited time.
Despite being executed with a low-cost production and no media investment, “Stories Ordering” had more than 270,000 interactions with 45,113 unique users engaging with the action for more than 3 minutes. 34,675 custom Whoppers were created, the coupons that were planned to be distributed over 24 hours were gone in under three hours and the account grew by 5,000 new followers in just one day.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019