LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King Create ‘Stories Ordering’ on Instagram
To reiterate that you can "have it your way" at Burger King, LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King hacked the immensely popular stories feature on Instagram to create a one-of-a-kind Whopper-building experience. By creating nine stories, one for each of the Whopper’s fresh ingredients, customers were invited to customize their Whopper by picking their favorite ingredient via the “polls” feature. Each set of completed polls generated a unique coupon (that we sent through a DM) for people to redeem their custom Whopper at the Burger King of their choice, for free.
But they didn’t stop there. Burger King and LOLA MullenLowe used all the data generated by the activation to bring Spain’s favorite Whopper to life. The InstaWhopper was available in every Burger King across Spain for a limited time.
Despite being executed with a low-cost production and no media investment, “Stories Ordering” had more than 270,000 interactions with 45,113 unique users engaging with the action for more than 3 minutes. 34,675 custom Whoppers were created, the coupons that were planned to be distributed over 24 hours were gone in under three hours and the account grew by 5,000 new followers in just one day.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019