LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King Create ‘Stories Ordering’ on Instagram
To reiterate that you can "have it your way" at Burger King, LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King hacked the immensely popular stories feature on Instagram to create a one-of-a-kind Whopper-building experience. By creating nine stories, one for each of the Whopper’s fresh ingredients, customers were invited to customize their Whopper by picking their favorite ingredient via the “polls” feature. Each set of completed polls generated a unique coupon (that we sent through a DM) for people to redeem their custom Whopper at the Burger King of their choice, for free.
But they didn’t stop there. Burger King and LOLA MullenLowe used all the data generated by the activation to bring Spain’s favorite Whopper to life. The InstaWhopper was available in every Burger King across Spain for a limited time.
Despite being executed with a low-cost production and no media investment, “Stories Ordering” had more than 270,000 interactions with 45,113 unique users engaging with the action for more than 3 minutes. 34,675 custom Whoppers were created, the coupons that were planned to be distributed over 24 hours were gone in under three hours and the account grew by 5,000 new followers in just one day.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018