LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King Create ‘Stories Ordering’ on Instagram
To reiterate that you can "have it your way" at Burger King, LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King hacked the immensely popular stories feature on Instagram to create a one-of-a-kind Whopper-building experience. By creating nine stories, one for each of the Whopper’s fresh ingredients, customers were invited to customize their Whopper by picking their favorite ingredient via the “polls” feature. Each set of completed polls generated a unique coupon (that we sent through a DM) for people to redeem their custom Whopper at the Burger King of their choice, for free.
But they didn’t stop there. Burger King and LOLA MullenLowe used all the data generated by the activation to bring Spain’s favorite Whopper to life. The InstaWhopper was available in every Burger King across Spain for a limited time.
Despite being executed with a low-cost production and no media investment, “Stories Ordering” had more than 270,000 interactions with 45,113 unique users engaging with the action for more than 3 minutes. 34,675 custom Whoppers were created, the coupons that were planned to be distributed over 24 hours were gone in under three hours and the account grew by 5,000 new followers in just one day.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018