LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King Create ‘Stories Ordering’ on Instagram
To reiterate that you can "have it your way" at Burger King, LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King hacked the immensely popular stories feature on Instagram to create a one-of-a-kind Whopper-building experience. By creating nine stories, one for each of the Whopper’s fresh ingredients, customers were invited to customize their Whopper by picking their favorite ingredient via the “polls” feature. Each set of completed polls generated a unique coupon (that we sent through a DM) for people to redeem their custom Whopper at the Burger King of their choice, for free.
But they didn’t stop there. Burger King and LOLA MullenLowe used all the data generated by the activation to bring Spain’s favorite Whopper to life. The InstaWhopper was available in every Burger King across Spain for a limited time.
Despite being executed with a low-cost production and no media investment, “Stories Ordering” had more than 270,000 interactions with 45,113 unique users engaging with the action for more than 3 minutes. 34,675 custom Whoppers were created, the coupons that were planned to be distributed over 24 hours were gone in under three hours and the account grew by 5,000 new followers in just one day.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019