McCann Canada and UNICEF Enlist Celebrities to Help Youth
McCann Worldgroup Canada worked with UNICEF Canada to launch a new advertising campaign to highlight “One Youth” – a groundbreaking initiative aimed at making Canada the best place in the world to grow up by 2030.
The campaign brings together dozens of Canadian celebrities to have a “chat” with Canada. With the words, “Canada, We Need to Talk,” Canadian celebrities are starting the conversation about kids living in poverty, teen suicide rates, bullying and other subjects troubling youth in the region. The campaign drives to OneYouthCanada.ca, and encourages Canadians to take action – with a goal of achieving #8MillionActions (one for every Canadian youth), and provides dozens of ideas for how all Canadians can get involved.
A recent UNICEF report comparing the well-being of children in the richest countries around the world placed Canada an alarming 25th among the 41 countries measured. “Every child in Canada has the right to the best possible opportunities and outcomes. Right now, that’s not what many of them are getting,” said David Morley, UNICEF Canada President and CEO. “Our society has grown more unequal and children and youth are paying the price. But Canada has what it takes to do better.”
The campaign features more than 20 Canadian celebrities including Keanu Reeves, Elisha Cuthbert, Cobie Smulders, Jay Baruchel, Patrick Adams, Neve Campbell, Xavier Dolan, Marc-André Grondin, Eric McCormack and Matthew Santoro; Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, Alessia Cara, Stephen Voyce, Eugenie Bouchard, Sugar Sammy, Antonio Park; and Karina LeBlanc. All donated their time and energy to UNICEF Canada’s One Youth.
McCann Worldgroup Canada and FH studios worked pro bono on the project to enlist Canadian celebrities to the cause. “We’d like to thank McCann and FH studios for their great contribution to this campaign,” said Morley. “By bringing together dozens of Canadian celebrities to speak up on key issues affecting youth well-being, we hope more Canadians will feel the urge to act, and governments will continue their momentum to create great conditions for growing up,” he continued.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019