FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations
FCB Health’s latest “Blood Flags” – a new pro bono advocacy awareness campaign developed in partnership with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) – aims for true equality in blood donation across the world.
“Blood Flags” is the next iteration of the “Blood Equality” campaign and addresses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) lifetime ban on gay, bisexual and transgender male blood donors, which now requires a 12-month period of celibacy prior to donation. A UCLA Williams Institute study found that lifting the ban could save up to a million lives annually, with an estimated 850,000 pints of blood. Not only does the updated ban exacerbate the growing issue of blood shortage, it infringes on the civil rights of would-be donors. “Blood Flags” as a creative installation, stitches individual country flags (of countries that still uphold discriminatory criteria for blood donation) – shaped like blood bags – onto the rainbow Pride flag. Ultimately, these flags serve as a call to action, to unite these countries in an effort to advance blood equality on a larger scale.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019