The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia
As Iceland’s journey in the FIFA World Cup came to an end this week, The Brooklyn Brothers enlisted the hugely popular Icelandic football supporters club, Tólfan, to form a choir. The group sings “Kalinka,” a Russian love song to thank the host nation as part of the introduction of the Isey Skyr dairy product in Russia. The launch campaign will be live for six months in the Russian market and the film has already received over 1.7 million views online.
Skyr is a traditional Icelandic cultured milk product, which has been made and enjoyed in Iceland for over a thousand years. The brand Isey Skyr is both the best-selling Skyr in Iceland and also the Official Nutrition sponsor of the national football team. As of July, the product will be available in stores across Russia.
The campaign will appear across digital, OOH, experiential and in-store at point-of-sale. The Brooklyn Brothers were the lead creative and strategic agency for this activation in Russia and the campaign “Born in Iceland. Shared with you” is the first work created by the agency for Isey Skyr.
Atli Sveinsson, Global Marketing Director at Isey Skyr, said “We are elated with the campaign and the reaction it has received so far. In Iceland, it is customary for guests to take a present when they visit someone and The Brooklyn Brothers truly understood the importance of our Icelandic heritage and used it effectively in parallel with the Russian World Cup to express our gratitude to the country for its hospitality.”
Jackie Stevenson, Founding Partner & Global Managing Director at The Brooklyn Brothers, said, “Our love of all things Iceland continues as we launch Isey Skyr in the Russian Market. Tólfan were a joy to work with and the speed that the Russian people adopted the Icelandic team and talked about our film was incredible, we really feel we’ve risen above the noise of the World Cup and created something that people genuinely enjoy and are keen to share.”
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019