The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism
The Martin Agency and Virginia Tourism Corporation launched the first work since the creation of the brand’s iconic slogan ‘Virginia Is For Lovers’ was released fifty years ago.
50 years ago, Virginia tourism coined their now famous slogan – "Virginia is for Lovers." But that was then and now the country is more divided than ever. So, Virginia Tourism set out to share some love, to prove that Virginia is still for Lovers.
Enter "LoveShare," where real people divided by race, sexual identity and socio-economics were brought together to share a Virginia vacation built around things they love. They got up close to the Virginia landscape by getting their hands dirty in immersive vacation experiences.
An interracial couple and their parents went on a backstage tour of Richmond’s burgeoning craft brewery scene and helped make beer. A gay son and his father shucked and ate fresh oysters right from the Chesapeake Bay. A sommelier and a Tennessee Grape grower, picked grapes on vineyards in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains.
Through shared experiences, common passions and getting up-close to Virginia’s culinary scene, people who have their differences are reminded that the things they share are much bigger than the things that divide them. And in the end, prove Virginia really is for lovers.
- McCann, Kesha and Gun Activists Bring Attention to Vicious Cycle of Gun Violence - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPG Wears Purple to Stand Up Against Bullying - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPGLBT Releases Spirit Day Guide for Bullying Prevention - Published on 10/17/2018
- McCann London Brings Attention to Air Pollution with ‘Toxic Toby’ - Published on 10/17/2018
- The Martin Agency, OpenTable and Virginia Tourism Create Stranger-Pairing Program - Published on 10/16/2018
- BEN Hosts Civility in America Presentation - Published on 10/12/2018
- IPG and Huge Honored by UN Foundation - Published on 10/11/2018
- Orion Hosts Hispanic Heritage Month Program - Published on 10/10/2018
- MullenLowe SSP3 and Aruba Tourism Challenge Stereotypes in Love - Published on 10/09/2018
- Acxiom Provides Unified Data Solutions - Published on 10/09/2018