The Martin Agency, OpenTable and Virginia Tourism Create Stranger-Pairing Program
Virginia Tourism and OpenTable are turning open seats into chance meetings at busy restaurants all across Virginia. The Martin Agency worked with the Virginia Tourism Corporation and OpenTable, to launch OpenSeat, a new program that allows diners to opt in to share an open seat at their table with someone new. The program is designed to bring people together over a shared meal and celebrate common ground. More than 30 restaurants across Virginia are participating in this pilot program.
The Martin Agency recently launched a campaign for Virginia Tourism that showcased raw, emotional stories of different people coming together over Virginia food - proving what we share is much stronger than what makes us different.
On a social level, OpenSeat allows people to connect with people they normally wouldn’t have, and to have conversations that wouldn’t have happened otherwise. On a practical level, it solves that problem many people face when they walk into a crowded restaurant and there are no tables available, but there are plenty of open seats. And from the restaurants’ perspective, it allows them to maximize their capacity.
Before completing the reservation, diners simply write “OpenSeat” in the notes section. If another guest walks into the restaurant that has also opted into the program, both parties will be seated together. They’ll then have the opportunity to connect around the table and get to know one another. Participants will also receive a complimentary appetizer as part of their experience.
“To paraphrase William Butler Yeats, there are no strangers, only friends we haven’t yet met,” said Caroline Potter, OpenTable’s Chief Dining Officer. “And what better way to get to know people in the community by sharing a delicious meal in a welcoming setting. We look forward to hearing about the connections made around the table through this program.”
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018