12 Days of Grilled Cheese
Arla cheeses have more than 80 percent share of the dairy aisle in Europe, but Arla has very little presence in the U.S. We needed to introduce American consumers to Arla’s great-tasting, meltable Havarti, Gouda, Fontina, Muenster and Cheddar cheese slices.
Idea: 12 Days of Grilled Cheese
With the simple insight that Americans really, really love grilled cheese sandwiches – they eat 2 billion annually – we created 12 days of joyful branded content leading up to National Grilled Cheese Day.
We ignited social conversation with posts, videos and giveaways targeted to grilled cheese lovers. We offered everything from themed piñatas and T-shirts, to a soundscapes album featuring the sizzling sound of melting Arla cheese.
Using content from our social posts, we created a media mailer sent to top-tier publications on National Grilled Cheese Day. Deliveries included a branded mini-fridge full of Arla cheese, along with grilled cheese swag, a press release and inserts encouraging social sharing.
We worked with Arla’s media partners – The Kitchn, Healthyish and Epicurious – to develop content and drive to Arla’s grilled cheese landing pages via their social channels. An Undertone Umotion unit imitating grilled cheese cooking on a skillet and paid search queries drove website visits. And finally, we asked Arla’s influencers to post content to their social pages.
Results: Sizzling Success
- 118 million impressions across owned and partner channels
- 227 percent increase in Arla sliced cheese sales year over year
- 637,000 social engagements – 151 percent over pre-campaign approximations
- 450 social contest entries
- 224,000 video views – 72 percent above predictions – 90,000 minutes of content viewed
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019