12 Days of Grilled Cheese
Arla cheeses have more than 80 percent share of the dairy aisle in Europe, but Arla has very little presence in the U.S. We needed to introduce American consumers to Arla’s great-tasting, meltable Havarti, Gouda, Fontina, Muenster and Cheddar cheese slices.
Idea: 12 Days of Grilled Cheese
With the simple insight that Americans really, really love grilled cheese sandwiches – they eat 2 billion annually – we created 12 days of joyful branded content leading up to National Grilled Cheese Day.
We ignited social conversation with posts, videos and giveaways targeted to grilled cheese lovers. We offered everything from themed piñatas and T-shirts, to a soundscapes album featuring the sizzling sound of melting Arla cheese.
Using content from our social posts, we created a media mailer sent to top-tier publications on National Grilled Cheese Day. Deliveries included a branded mini-fridge full of Arla cheese, along with grilled cheese swag, a press release and inserts encouraging social sharing.
We worked with Arla’s media partners – The Kitchn, Healthyish and Epicurious – to develop content and drive to Arla’s grilled cheese landing pages via their social channels. An Undertone Umotion unit imitating grilled cheese cooking on a skillet and paid search queries drove website visits. And finally, we asked Arla’s influencers to post content to their social pages.
Results: Sizzling Success
- 118 million impressions across owned and partner channels
- 227 percent increase in Arla sliced cheese sales year over year
- 637,000 social engagements – 151 percent over pre-campaign approximations
- 450 social contest entries
- 224,000 video views – 72 percent above predictions – 90,000 minutes of content viewed
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018