12 Days of Grilled Cheese
Arla cheeses have more than 80 percent share of the dairy aisle in Europe, but Arla has very little presence in the U.S. We needed to introduce American consumers to Arla’s great-tasting, meltable Havarti, Gouda, Fontina, Muenster and Cheddar cheese slices.
Idea: 12 Days of Grilled Cheese
With the simple insight that Americans really, really love grilled cheese sandwiches – they eat 2 billion annually – we created 12 days of joyful branded content leading up to National Grilled Cheese Day.
We ignited social conversation with posts, videos and giveaways targeted to grilled cheese lovers. We offered everything from themed piñatas and T-shirts, to a soundscapes album featuring the sizzling sound of melting Arla cheese.
Using content from our social posts, we created a media mailer sent to top-tier publications on National Grilled Cheese Day. Deliveries included a branded mini-fridge full of Arla cheese, along with grilled cheese swag, a press release and inserts encouraging social sharing.
We worked with Arla’s media partners – The Kitchn, Healthyish and Epicurious – to develop content and drive to Arla’s grilled cheese landing pages via their social channels. An Undertone Umotion unit imitating grilled cheese cooking on a skillet and paid search queries drove website visits. And finally, we asked Arla’s influencers to post content to their social pages.
Results: Sizzling Success
- 118 million impressions across owned and partner channels
- 227 percent increase in Arla sliced cheese sales year over year
- 637,000 social engagements – 151 percent over pre-campaign approximations
- 450 social contest entries
- 224,000 video views – 72 percent above predictions – 90,000 minutes of content viewed
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019