Savoring the Sweet at Edwards Dessert Kitchen
For more than 65 years, Schwan’s Company has been driving food innovation and business in its Minnesota backyard and across the country. While it’s a well-known frozen food delivery service, the company is also home to retail brands including Red Baron and Freschetta pizza, Edwards Desserts and Mrs. Smith’s pies.
However, perceptions of Schwan’s Company’s iconic yellow trucks delivering pizza and ice cream door-to-door didn’t match its current initiatives and offerings, as well as the vision for the future.
Inspired by its indulgent brand Edwards Desserts, Schwan’s Company launched a first-of-its-kind dessert bar in Minneapolis: Edwards Dessert Kitchen, an aspirational expression of the brand and an incubator for future innovation.
Drive awareness and media coverage of Edwards Dessert Kitchen as the city’s go-to dessert destination – not just another restaurant opening.
Idea: Driving Culinary Innovation
Appetizing business story: Pitching brand innovation, we secured an exclusive launch story about an entirely new retail concept in town.
Winning hearts and stomachs: Media taste-tested desserts with Executive Chef Christina Kaelberer, the internationally trained pastry chef and creative visionary for Edwards Dessert Kitchen.
Buzz-building preview: Media and influencers attended an Instagram-worthy private opening to try the desserts, proving Edwards Dessert Kitchen is much more than a branded pop-up experience, but an open-to-the-public test kitchen for Chef Christina and the Edwards brand.
- 220+ stories, primarily from one media market (Twin Cities)
- Multiple segments on all four local broadcast stations
- Several stories in Star Tribune and Pioneer Press
- 165 million+ earned media impressions
- Two days after opening, demand was so high the restaurant had to adjust hours to refill its supply of sweets
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019