Savoring the Sweet at Edwards Dessert Kitchen
For more than 65 years, Schwan’s Company has been driving food innovation and business in its Minnesota backyard and across the country. While it’s a well-known frozen food delivery service, the company is also home to retail brands including Red Baron and Freschetta pizza, Edwards Desserts and Mrs. Smith’s pies.
However, perceptions of Schwan’s Company’s iconic yellow trucks delivering pizza and ice cream door-to-door didn’t match its current initiatives and offerings, as well as the vision for the future.
Inspired by its indulgent brand Edwards Desserts, Schwan’s Company launched a first-of-its-kind dessert bar in Minneapolis: Edwards Dessert Kitchen, an aspirational expression of the brand and an incubator for future innovation.
Drive awareness and media coverage of Edwards Dessert Kitchen as the city’s go-to dessert destination – not just another restaurant opening.
Idea: Driving Culinary Innovation
Appetizing business story: Pitching brand innovation, we secured an exclusive launch story about an entirely new retail concept in town.
Winning hearts and stomachs: Media taste-tested desserts with Executive Chef Christina Kaelberer, the internationally trained pastry chef and creative visionary for Edwards Dessert Kitchen.
Buzz-building preview: Media and influencers attended an Instagram-worthy private opening to try the desserts, proving Edwards Dessert Kitchen is much more than a branded pop-up experience, but an open-to-the-public test kitchen for Chef Christina and the Edwards brand.
- 220+ stories, primarily from one media market (Twin Cities)
- Multiple segments on all four local broadcast stations
- Several stories in Star Tribune and Pioneer Press
- 165 million+ earned media impressions
- Two days after opening, demand was so high the restaurant had to adjust hours to refill its supply of sweets
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018