The 'Will You?' Ring
With more than 200 stores across the country, Helzberg Diamonds has long been a destination for wedding jewelry. But with mall traffic declining and online shopping options increasing, the 100-year-old company needed to bring attention to the Helzberg brand as thought leaders and champions of modern love.
Research showed both men and women are stressed about selecting an engagement ring: for men, the hardest part is picking out a ring, and for women, it’s letting him know the style of ring they want.
We saw an opportunity to change the rules of engagement. We worked with Helzberg to create the “Will You?” Ring, a new way to propose that enabled couples to keep the romantic element of surprise but still get the ideal ring. Together.
Available for $50 online and in stores, the ring is inscribed with the words, “This is A ring, not THE ring” and comes in a presentation box, along with details on how the couple can save up to $400 on their actual engagement ring if they return to Helzberg to shop.
Partnerships with two lifestyle bloggers created content and drove conversation on the ring. Social videos and posts also helped capture attention, while key bridal and lifestyle media received customized kits complete with champagne and their own "Will You?" Ring.
Media said “yes” to our proposal. Within the first week of launch, results included 90+ million earned impressions in two weeks; a “Today” show segment and poll to its 4.2 million Twitter followers in which 52 percent voted in favor of the ring; coverage on The Knot, Inside Edition, Trend Hunter and MSN; 13.3 million social impressions, and 208,000 new users to Helzberg.com.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018