The 'Will You?' Ring
With more than 200 stores across the country, Helzberg Diamonds has long been a destination for wedding jewelry. But with mall traffic declining and online shopping options increasing, the 100-year-old company needed to bring attention to the Helzberg brand as thought leaders and champions of modern love.
Research showed both men and women are stressed about selecting an engagement ring: for men, the hardest part is picking out a ring, and for women, it’s letting him know the style of ring they want.
We saw an opportunity to change the rules of engagement. We worked with Helzberg to create the “Will You?” Ring, a new way to propose that enabled couples to keep the romantic element of surprise but still get the ideal ring. Together.
Available for $50 online and in stores, the ring is inscribed with the words, “This is A ring, not THE ring” and comes in a presentation box, along with details on how the couple can save up to $400 on their actual engagement ring if they return to Helzberg to shop.
Partnerships with two lifestyle bloggers created content and drove conversation on the ring. Social videos and posts also helped capture attention, while key bridal and lifestyle media received customized kits complete with champagne and their own "Will You?" Ring.
Media said “yes” to our proposal. Within the first week of launch, results included 90+ million earned impressions in two weeks; a “Today” show segment and poll to its 4.2 million Twitter followers in which 52 percent voted in favor of the ring; coverage on The Knot, Inside Edition, Trend Hunter and MSN; 13.3 million social impressions, and 208,000 new users to Helzberg.com.
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019