McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign
Coca-Cola, in partnership with McCann Shanghai, has launched its annual Chinese New Year campaign, featuring the beloved, iconic Coca-Cola Clay Dolls that have become synonymous with the annual celebrations, launched by McCann in 2001.
“Building on our previous success, this year’s installment of the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) retains its magical place during the CNY holidays by being rooted in tradition,” said Richard Cotton, Head of Content, Creative & Design, Coca-Cola Greater China and Korea.
“In this year’s storytelling, we wanted to remind people that Good Fortune starts with genuine family love. It’s when we come closer, all the magic of CNY becomes real with family cheer an essential ingredient to ensure a year full of wealth, health and luck, ” said Cia Hatzi, Chief Client Officer, McCann Worldgroup APAC.
The campaign idea was brought to life by having the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls offer gestures of love to family, which can be seen on packaging, TV, print, outdoors, POSM, and digital. Through a partnership with Alibaba and Alipay, Coca-Cola is also giving away millions of red packets with symbols of love.
“Our Alibaba partnership enables us to use their entire ecosystem, and we have upgraded the experience through AR and AI technology embedded in the activation, where the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) send out gifts to participants to express their family love”, continued Richard Cotton.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019