MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize
Ahead of the upcoming Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize, MullenLowe London has created a striking out of home campaign to raise awareness of the prize and invite the next great fiction writers from the advertising industry to submit their works of fiction for a cash prize.
The campaign gives alternative, satirical titles to some of the world’s greatest novels, with the tagline “Great stories aren’t told in headlines.” The rewritten titles include “Communist Pigs. Literally Communist Pigs” in place of Orwell’s Animal Farm, and “Dudes Cross World to Throw Ring in Volcano” for Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings.”
The Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize was created in memory of one of advertising’s greats, the late Winston Fletcher (1937 – 2012), who was also a prolific writer. Its purpose is to encourage and recognize great writing among the advertising and marketing community. The winner will receive a cash prize of £2,000 awarded by a jury chaired by author, philanthropist and founder of Waterstones, Sir Tim Waterstone.
Entries are open until March 17th and applicants are invited to submit their entries to http://www.thewinstonfletcherprize.co.uk/. The winner will be announced in May.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019