IPG Mediabrands and Plano Drive Awareness of Myopia
IPG Mediabrands and Plano launched #SeePastTheScreen, a national pro-bono campaign to drive awareness of myopia in Singapore, known as “the myopia capital of the world.” The campaign uses the “square eyes” parable, which refers to how one can go “squared-eye” when watching too much television, to drive home the message that excessive device usage has been scientifically linked to a myopia (short-sightedness) epidemic. The campaign is running across OOH, Print, Digital, Television, Mobile, Radio and Social Media.
“Typically eight out of ten children in Singapore will suffer the affliction by the time they leave school” said Kelvin Eng Chief Marketing Officer Plano. Critically, the younger a child develops myopia the higher the chance of them developing high myopia which can lead to irreversible blindness.
“Our network has been working with Plano in a CSR capacity since June last year, impressed by the innovative approach they have taken to flip this problem into a solution.” said Leigh Terry, CEO IPG Mediabrands APAC
Terry continued, “All of the key stakeholders in this campaign are pro-technology, it’s the misuse of technology that is causing a major issue. As an industry with digital at the heart we recognize a responsibility to bring awareness to this. With #SeePastTheScreen we aim to help create a societal shift that will bring impactful change.”
“The social element of the #SeePastTheScreen campaign involves a call to action to post a selfie holding a smartphone in front of your eyes, to symbolize the message that we’re in danger of being blinded by our devices” said Matt Scotton, Chief Strategy Officer, Initiative APAC.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019