One of McDonald’s most iconic menu items, the Big Mac, celebrated its 50th Anniversary creating an opportunity for the brand to reignite love for the Big Mac. Since its invention, the Big Mac has traversed the globe and has become so ubiquitous that The Economist even uses the Big Mac as an international measure of global currency. Understanding the global nature of the Big Mac, Golin knew something big had to be done in order to properly celebrate the iconic sandwich on its golden anniversary.
To get media and consumers talking about the 50th anniversary of the Big Mac and taking inspiration from key insights, Golin set out to help McDonald’s create the world’s first fully food-backed currency – MacCoin – a limited edition global currency* backed by the internationally iconic Big Mac itself. This summer, Big Mac fans in more than 50 participating countries around the world could get their hands on one of the 6.2 million MacCoins – available in five designs, each representing a decade of the Big Mac – to be shared, collected or redeemed for a free Big Mac at McDonald’s restaurants in participating countries all around the globe.
Ready to put this experience to work for your brand? Get in touch with us.
*MacCoin has no cash value and was only redeemable for one free Big Mac at participating McDonald’s restaurants during the time of the promotion.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019