nPower: Blue Go Green
Energy supplier npower tasked Golin with creating a splash in the tabloids for the launch of its new "Go Green" tariff and communicating how simple it is to make the switch.
Knowing that green energy alone wouldn’t cut it for sensationalist and pop culture-driven tabloid press, we needed to capture the attention of our audience and target media with a funny, sharable campaign that would make people take notice.
We collaborated with boyband Blue to spoof their relaunch as "Green"- the first sustainable energy boyband. The mockumentary-style campaign showed a series of ridiculous scenarios featuring Blue’s new manager trying to make Blue Go Green, to exploit the green theme for the most cringe-inducing relaunch yet with whale music duets, terrible greensploitation ideas and dubious eco-cover art with the boys on wind turbines. With our humorous narrative, we created a series of campaign assets and touchpoints to drive maximum reach, awareness and consideration among tabloid media and our target audience.
The campaign was hugely successful, smashing all objectives. Headline results include coverage that appeared in all UK tabloid newspapers (The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Mirror, Mail Online) with 14 pieces of national coverage secured in total; 338 pieces of coverage generated in just one week (vs. a target of 73) and a PR editorial reach of 289.5 million. The video also paved the way for an intimate one-off gig, giving UK consumers the chance to win tickets through npower’s social channels, by suggesting their best green-themed names for the new "Green" album.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019