Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment
Weber Shandwick partnered with DOVE® Chocolate and CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty as they announced the next phase of their partnership to empower women in the cocoa growing communities of Cote d’Ivoire, where 40% of the world’s cocoa is sourced.
The initiative – called “She’s in Business” – launched on International Women’s Day 2019 when the first stone was laid on a new community marketplace for women-led businesses in the village of Gueyo, a centrally located commerce area nestled among the cocoa fields. The new marketplace will not only provide space for women to sell their goods and grow their income-generating activities, it will also offer year-round protection from the elements, as well as working electricity and hygienic conditions in which to conduct their business. New meeting space will allow women to organize training sessions and rent out for additional income. It is a significant step on the road to financial independence for the women of Gueyo and a bold and inspiring move by DOVE® Chocolate.
Since the partnership between DOVE® Chocolate and CARE began in 2015, it has supported the development and evolution of small female-driven enterprises in cocoa farming communities using the CARE Village Savings & Loan Associations (VSLA) methodology. Today, nearly 300 VSLAs operate in 39 communities in Cote d’Ivoire with thousands of members, 80 percent of whom are women. The VSLAs have become essential in helping women achieve financial independence and empowerment in household financial decision-making. In turn, the cocoa growing communities have benefited, as the resources generated are re-invested in by the women themselves. For more information, please visit www.dovechocolate.com.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019