Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles
Our challenge was to help LG promote their official partnership with Activision and promote the best 4K gaming experiences for new titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
We created a stylish microsite that pushed stunning visuals and used subtle animations to bring Activision characters to life.
We also created a supporting online "reaction time" game that pitted the users of different consoles against each other in an effort to find out which gamers had the fastest reactions times (PS4, Xbox or PC gamers).
With experience such an important issue for the audiences that we were targeting, it was important that our microsite was visually appealing, easy to navigate and told the story of LG and Activision.
From initial iteration and sketching, we worked to ensure that first and foremost, our site was as slick, smooth and refined as the games this campaign was reflecting.
Creative Design & Branding
We also wanted to create a very distinctive visual identity for this concept, which led to the conception of the Love 2 Game brand.
In order to bring the characters to life, we needed a design style that really emphasized the excitement and mind-blowing visual nature of not only 4K gaming, but also of the Call of Duty games.
Finally, we needed to have a conversion-optimized design and concept that would drive our audiences to learn more about the LG 4K range and drive brand awareness, to tell the story of LG’s range of ultra-high definition 4K TV’s.
Taking inspiration from Batak – a human performance training method – we created an online game that tested the reaction speeds of our players. We wanted to know how quickly they could respond to a situation, and see how they compared against their fellow gamers.
Our idea created a huge stir in the gaming community, with gaming bloggers and vloggers, social media influencers and even the mainstream media getting involved in the ultimate gaming debate – which console had the greatest gamers?
After a month, we had generated more than 200 pieces of individual coverage for the game across a wide range of media and influencers. This included coverage on prominent publications such as LADBible, UNILAD, Mail Online, The Mirror, Daily Star and the New York Post.
And the results?
- 215,000 plays in a month
- 81,000 plays in a single day
- 10,000% increase in organic traffic
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019