Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences
How do you make a brand stand out from the crowd in the competitive car hire search market while simultaneously inspiring customers who are taking a trip of a lifetime?
We worked with Hertz to create a US road trip planning tool that allowed target audiences in Europe to build their trip with ease but also gain inspiration and ideas from the people who know these routes better than anyone else.
In doing so, not only would we enhance the Hertz brand experience and customer service, we’d also secure valuable search visibility and number one rankings for important keywords within the customer journey.
Having worked with Hertz for a number of years, we understood the size of the opportunity for the US road trip market and we knew what made their audience tick.
Two distinctive types of US road trip sites were popular – blog feature articles which gave a vivid take of another person’s road trip and highly technical planners which allowed users to plan their trips with military precision. We cut straight down the middle to service the best of both worlds – providing a vivid inspiration for a US road trip, but allowing the user to personalize their trip, without the need for a complicated mapping tool.
Our Hertz Road Trip Planner tool would suggest exciting road trip itineraries based on the area that the user wanted to visit, their interests and who they’d be traveling with. But where we really made a difference was by picking the brains of the people in those key Hertz pick-up locations – the people who meet the road trippers every day – for their top tips. We weren’t looking for those everyday "tick-box" attractions, we wanted to go off the beaten track and allow our customers to make their own unique memories by exploring America’s hidden gems.
The campaign was shared on owned and paid channels and we worked with our partner PR agencies to reach out to relevant sites and powerful influencers across parenting and culture, to food and travel.
What we achieved
Within three months of launch, Hertz was driving additional traffic across its European sites for important keywords in the US fly-drive market, positioning the brand at the start of the customer journey.
To date, the site ranks in 16 top-three positions, out-performing the official website for the US tourism body VisitUSA.com in many cases, and holds a further 39 top ten rankings.
And the results?
- 148% increase in traffic from organic search
- 173% increase in sales from organic search
- $300 higher average order value
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019