McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s
McCann Worldgroup in Europe, and MRM//McCann Frankfurt are working with the Alzheimer’s Society, to launch My Carer, an Alexa Skill, created to help improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people living with dementia in the UK. Globally, dementia is expected to affect 50 million people by 2020. The cost of caring for dementia currently is $818 billion/£627billion. McCann developed the skill together with Skilled, a digital studio dedicated to the development of voice assistant skills.
My Carer helps people living with early-stage dementia to follow their daily routine and retain their independence. Its function not only reminds them what to do, but also guides them step-by-step, through their daily tasks – how to take the medication, how to prepare their lunch, helping them to remember birthdays, or names of their loved one.
My Carer also works as a research tool by securely collecting data as people with dementia go about their daily lives. Researchers are exploring how patterns of behavior revealed in data can predict the progression of dementia symptoms. Combining this data with machine learning will enable My Carer to progressively tailor the support offered according to the needs of each individual and their carer.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019