R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes
Nike Argentina inspires a new generation of athletes in “Before That,” its latest campaign created by R/GA Buenos Aires. The campaign points out the obstacles and barriers that women need to overcome to have access to sport and reach their goals.
“Before That” leads up to the Female Football World Cup, taking place in France next June, and stars Argentine football players Ruth Bravo, Estefanía Banini and Belén Potassa, leaders of the transformation that is taking place in the local football scene.
The piece celebrates the inclusive nature of sport and its power to enhance human potential. It’s aligned with Nike’s global “Just Do It” positioning, which encourages all athletes to chase their dreams, even if they seem crazy.
The campaign begins with the story of Candelaria Cabrera, an eight-year-old girl from the city of Chabás, Santa Fe province, who had to beat prejudices and get permission from the local league authorities to play mixed soccer until she turns ten. Eventually, committing the league to create a league for girls.
Nike and R/GA unites the story of the different characters in a reverse chronology that begins with the dream of being a champion and goes through all the difficulties that women have to face to practice the sport they love.
“Before That” tells the story of multiple women that have to overcome daily barriers that shouldn’t exist. The lack of visibility and access to women’s football is a local issue, but it can also reflect the reality in other countries. The idea of this campaign is to inspire athletes to overcome these and other obstacles, showing how these girls have been doing it silently and with so much effort for so long,” mentioned Mariano Jeger, VP Executive Creative Director SS LATAM, R/GA Buenos Aires.
“Before that” includes print, OOH, digital content and interviews with the football players that will be available on nike.com.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019