IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG
IPG was recently named to two new S&P Indices that recognize companies’ work in the ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) space — the S&P 500 ESG and the S&P Global 1200 ESG. The S&P 500 ESG is based on the S&P 500 Index and includes only U.S.-based companies, while the S&P Global 1200 encompasses companies from around the world. IPG is the only U.S.-based advertising holding company on the S&P Global 1200 ESG index.
Selection for the indices is based on scores from the RobecoSAM Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA), an annual evaluation which is widely regarded as the most rigorous measure of corporate sustainability performance. Each year, the CSA assesses over 4,500 companies around the world.
IPG considers ESG factors in its business decisions, and has made operating sustainably a priority. Beginning in 2014, the company began tracking its energy use and GHG emissions and reporting on its sustainability programs in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative.
This year IPG is measuring its emissions and other environmental impacts using GHG Protocol Corporate Standards at all of its buildings in North America, and those globally over 50,000 square feet. This expanded boundary includes approximately 150 buildings and 75% of the company’s worldwide portfolio.
“Like our clients, we take our ESG obligations very seriously,” noted Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of IPG. “We understand sustainability, which we define broadly to include all of our corporate social responsibility initiatives, to be a key business driver as well as a critical component of our role as a good corporate citizen. Being included in the S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG is an important recognition that our efforts are headed in the right direction,” he continued.
"We're excited to introduce this new series of ESG indices following the debut of the S&P 500 ESG Index and ESG Scores in April," said Alex Matturri, Chief Executive Officer at S&P Dow Jones Indices. "Across the company, we are developing a portfolio of products that provide an ESG lens on investments, adding layers of insights for clients. These new indices provide market participants an investment tool that is aligned with their values and has a return profile that's consistent with mainstream benchmarks that have been widely followed for years."
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019