Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes
Work for good causes from McCann New York and McCann Tel Aviv was instrumental in helping McCann Worldgroup win its Agency Network of The Year recognition at Cannes. First, McCann New York’s “Generation Lockdown,” for March For Our Lives, won the Grand Prix For Good. The film introduces a world-weary expert in gun safety procedures who is instructing a group of office workers in an all-staff meeting on how to prepare themselves in case of an active shooter incident. That instructor is a 9-year-old girl. The film makes the disturbing point that about 95 percent of American schoolchildren are now being trained in how to handle a live shooting situation.
On a more inspiring note, McCann New York won a Titanium Lion for its “Changing The Game” film for Microsoft Xbox Adaptive Controller. The film, which debuted during the Super Bowl, follows the inspirational story of passionate young gamers who rise to the top of their game with a little help from their friends, family and the Xbox Adaptive Controller. The story illustrates Microsoft’s commitment to building accessible technology that levels the playing field and creates opportunity for every child, regardless of their physical limitations.
Most surprising, McCann Tel Aviv’s “ThisAbles” campaign for IKEA Israel--conceived, written by and starring McCann Tel Aviv copywriter Eldar Yusupov, a person with disabilities – hacked popular IKEA products and made them accessible to people with disabilities. The campaign shows how anyone can use a 3D printer to print simple parts that turn IKEA furniture and accessories into disability-friendly products. The campaign – which was named one of the winners that Advertising Age “never saw coming” – won 1 Grand Prix and 2 Gold Lions in the Lions Health competition, along with a shelf-full of awards in Creative Strategy, Direct, PR, Innovation and the Brand Experience/Activation Lions.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019